• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

L-3 Nozzlenose D: Analysis and Thoughts Thread

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I'm just using broken weapons that should be banned but Nintendo doesn't care about fixing this weapon that will soon plague every mode because of how amazing it is.

Oops :rolleyes:
Only if this weapon didn't have burst fire would it truely be brokenz!

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
A bit of a necro bump, but that is because I found a solution to the aim being thrown off issue. Well not me, another user (forgot who sorry) made a great discovery a while ago that holding down the Y button keeps the camera consistent while shooting, and I only just now remembered. However I'm a stick control user so I didn't think that'd be of any use to me since I can't hold down the Y button and aim with the right stick at the same time, until now! The solution? Tape! Yep I taped the Y button down on my controller and it works! Aiming is so much better now, and even though I'm still not a fan of having to press ZR all day, I now really like this weapon! Which is good, since it only makes sense for me to use this weapon hehe.

That ink efficiency buff is actually legit, I feel like this is one of the best inking weapons now, certainly gets the Kraken quickly even with it's point increase. I used to say the Custom Jet Squelcher was strictly better, but nah, the Dolphinose has it's merrits that make it still worth using, namely the main weapon being better in literally every way (time to kill, accuracy, mobility, turf coverage) except range of course, but even that can be replicated with bomb range ups. Two mains give me roughly the same range as a Jet Squelcher afterall. This is my build currently:

:head_first: :ability_inkrecovery: | :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:clothes_swt001: :ability_bombrange: | :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
:shoes_slp000: :ability_bombrange: | :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

I wanna replace the Ink Recovery with Special Saver, but that's not possible without a Shiny.
Necro...

I just started with the L-3D because I've become obsessed with burst bombs. I was really struggling with the aim being thrown off because of me mashing the trigger. I'm really excited to try the Y positioning trick.

Question: are 6 dmg up subs really necessary? Is it just for the burst bombs or does it help with the volleys as well?

My current loadout:
Sun Visor :ability_bombrange:|:ability_bombrange::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
Navy Striped LS :clothes_tel003: :ability_damage:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
Red Hi-Tops :shoes_shi005: |:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
I didn't run any ink efficiency stuff at first but I was ALWAYS out of ink (I think it comes from not being used to the coverage and aim with the semi-auto). So, lots of ink efficiency here. Only a little more than 1 bomb range main, and I'd like to fit more in, but it seems to work decent so far. I think once I get used to the ink consumption I'll pair down the ink savers.

(I really wish there was a bomb range brand)

I'm also having a lot of trouble hitting people who use a ton of run speed. It is hard to keep them at range and hit them with two volleys or burst cancel them. The weapon is a lot of fun, but seems a bit difficult to pick up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom