• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Luna Blaster: Analysis and Thoughts

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Luna Blaster
wst_shot_expshort00.png

Lv Unlocked in Shop:
-WIP-

Cost:

Shop Description:
"A blaster tailored to close-quarters combat. It fires a shot that detonates powerfully at close range, and the inkzooka special can help handle opponents who are farther away."

Type:
Shooter

Stats:
Range: Low
Impact: High
Fire Rate: Low-Mid

Sub:
wsb_timertrap.png
Ink Mine

Special:
wsp_supershot.png
Inkzooka

Genreal Strategies:
-WIP-

Team Strategies:
-WIP-

Success/Tournaments won:
-WIP-

So, with all that out of the way, please discuss your thoughts on the Luna Blaster.

Last edited:

MagnaX7

Full Squid
NNID
MagnaX7
So from what I've heard it's a mix between both existing blasters with low range.

That's all I know at this point.

The gun looks really cool though.

TimpaniGamer

Full Squid
NNID
TimpaniGamer
Looks really neat, but in the end, I'm still bad with the blaster line. I might try it once, but I probably won't be successful...

Rescue22

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CheckMyAboutMe
It's design looks rather interesting, but it will take something truly amazing to keep me from using Krak-On.

Holder of the Heel

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Roarfang
I welcome all weapons that don't require precise aiming. :laugh:

Tried it for two games in Turf War, did pretty well. My first team was all Luna Blasters haha.

Last edited:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I tried it out the minute it came out, something I don't usually do. It's...pretty slow, though the mines are useful for tripping up foes. That said, I keep getting splatted by those who wield it (and I won the one game I tried it in a Turf War) so I suppose it has its uses.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Tried it both in ranked and turf wars ; This is crazy how powerful this is then used as a ambush weapon. And that come for someone that barely used blaster before.

Inkzooka per nicely with the otherwise pitiful range the weapon have too.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
So I tried this weapon out.
It seems like a decent introduction to the concept of Blasters, like a Blaster Jr. of sorts (but with no Bubbler). It has the 1-shot power of a regular Blaster, but the lack of range emphasizes getting close to opponents, somewhat mitigating the inability to 1-shot unless you aim properly by making you get close to enemies to deal damage, where you probably won't have too much trouble aiming.
The Ink Mine is alright, but really the Inkzooka is the best part of this weapon, giving you the range this weapon otherwise lacks.
Really, the main problems are its range, but I guess you can get around that with like Ninja Squid or something, and the sub-weapon not being great for this kind of weapon (Ink Mines are alright, but this thing needs a mid-range option outside of Inkzooka, maybe Burst Bombs), which the Neo version will hopefully address.
I wasn't feeling the tiny range, but it made me try out the Custom Blaster again, with much better results than last time, so at least I got something good out of it.
Looking forward to the Luna Blaster Neo (and the Range Blaster). This version's nice though, if it's up your alley. Not quite my thing, though maybe I'll come back to it someday.
...I wish this had been in the game from the beginning, maybe unlockable before you get the regular Blaster,

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Curious to try it but not quite yet I am making a killing in ranked with charger while everyone tries to learn a new short ranged weapon. Credit to them I saw someone go 8 and 0 with it so there are some good players. I imagine if you main with a rapid blaster or custom blaster you will do well with luna too.

D_Neon

Inkster Jr.
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Haven't tried it in a match yet but it seems pretty great in the test area. The blast radius makes me think it'll be a very good weapon on Port Mackerel, but as others have said, most other subs would have been better, I guess they were worried about it having too much damage?

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Hm...If this thing had the Burst Bombs it would honestly be just fine if you pack a Bomb Range up, that's seriously it's only limitation if you ask me. Right now it's kind of like the Roller in a weird sort of way?

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Pretty decent weapon I'd say. The one shot kill makes up for its poor range. Defense ups won't save you. The Inkzooka special is also welcome. Not really feeling the Ink Mines though. This weapon still has potential though.

Can't help but feel though that this weapon could have been better. Basically just another version of the Blasters. There's nothing unique about it.

D_Neon

Inkster Jr.
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Looks like Luna Blaster Neo will come with Splat Bombs and Bomb Rush, making the only weapons to have that combo either Chargers and the shortest range gun in the game.

EarlyCuyler

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5208-7719-6394
I cant seem to use the ink mine no matter what i try, it doesnt matter if im standing on my teams ink or the enemies it just says" you cant use this right now"

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
I cant seem to use the ink mine no matter what i try, it doesnt matter if im standing on my teams ink or the enemies it just says" you cant use this right now"
If you've already got one down you can't use another until the first one detonates. They also don't like being placed on slopes in my experience.

I like the Luna and agree with it being kind of an intro to blasters. It's pretty solid in turf wars since it can actually cover ground relatively quickly.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
What are the benefits of using this over the normal Blaster? They both splat in one shot if you get a direct hit, and two if you just miss.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
What are the benefits of using this over the normal Blaster? They both splat in one shot if you get a direct hit, and two if you just miss.
Bigger AOE and can One shot in a near-miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom