Mafia 1 | D2

YOLOSWAG

Inkling
Welcome to your first game of Mafia at Squidboards! Mafia is a fairly easy-to-learn game of strategy, debate, and deception that I’m sure you will all find fun and engaging. Mafia can get pretty complicated pretty quickly, but some of the most fun games use only the basics – lucky for you, as the most basic games are also the best way to learn and the easiest way to jump into a new hobby.

Now for the mechanics of the game. Mafia is divided into two alternating phases of "Day" and "Night". During the Day players are allowed to post within the thread, debate amongst each other, and most importantly, #vote for whom they would like to be lynched for that day. When a player has been voted for by a majority of the players, that player will be lynched and removed from the game! Following the players lynch, the game moderator will then reveal the player's alignment (Town, Mafia, Independent, etc.) and role to the rest of the players and Day will end. During the Night, the entire thread goes silent. However, Mafia will still be able to talk amongst themselves privately. Through private communication, they'll then be able to select one player to kill for the night, and - barring nothing prevents this action - the player will show up dead the following morning, having their alignment and role revealed. This process continues until either all of Mafia are eliminated through lynch, or Mafia eliminates enough players to have control over the town and its votes.

I've asked some friends who have volunteered to strive to play in a manner that is conducive to teaching – they will guide you through regular mafia logic and strategies; they will answer any questions that you might have about the way the game runs, explain common strategies, jargon or acronyms; and most importantly they will be polite and friendly. That said; do not expect them to go easy on you! They will play to win, but in a friendly manner. If they are town, they will try to lynch whom they think are mafia; if they are mafia, they will try to get the town to lynch each other. But they are here to explain the game and any questions you might have.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules
1. No communication about the game is allowed outside of this thread, unless your Role PM states otherwise.
2. No faking or quoting of mod communication.
3. No editing or deleting posts.
4. No ciphers, code, metadata or other similar encryption devices. This includes liking posts after death.
5. One "bah" post is allowed after death.
6. A (no) lynch will occur when a majority of bolded ##votes is reached. Twilight starts after hammer; players may speak during this period. Example of voting: ##Vote: African American, ##Vote: JeXs, etc.
7. Days generally last 72 hours days or until a lynch.
8. Post at least once every 24 hours or you will receive a prod for activity. Multiple prods will result in forced replacement or modkill.
9. Modkills will end Day only for town-aligned players.
10. Failure to send in action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.

Setup: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=09:12

Last edited:

YOLOSWAG

Inkling
To join, just post and say "/in" at some point! Feel free to ask any questions in the thread as well.

Signups

1. Bossanova
2. African American
3. Squid Master
4. Bruce Squillis
5. h.JC
6. Marigi174
7. Xyvon replaced by Drez
----
8. xCoco
9. Jexs
----
----

Deaths
Squid Master, mafia rolecop lynched D1!
Bruce Squillis, vanilla townie killed N1!

Last edited:
essentially, yoloswag probably has 3 setups in mind; one for 9 man, one for 12, and one for 13. if we can only get 9 than at least he has that.

YOLOSWAG

Inkling
essentially, yoloswag probably has 3 setups in mind; one for 9 man, one for 12, and one for 13. if we can only get 9 than at least he has that.
yeah. i can also do 1 for 7 players but the more the better. wed need 1 more to ensure a game

also jus a quick message encouraging any potential people whove seen this and thought about joining that its a pretty fun game once you learn it well and its worth a try

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
if you're new and are considering trying out the game, you don't have to worry. i've played mafia for quite some time, and i'm still always the most suspicious player. you can't possibly do worse!

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Have you guys heard of Epic Mafia dot come?
It might be easier because you can make a private room it'll give all the roles automatically etc etc
Just a suggestion!

h.JC

Inkster Jr.
So I may be wrong, but it looks like epicmafia is a live game, such as irc. That is good, but still a fairly different experience than forum mafia. I imagine gathering all of these users at one time could be a problem.

that is exactly what makes epic mafia such a different game: real time "mafia" vs multiple day long phases forum mafia.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
Oh yeah! I'm just suggesting in the future if you guys want to do live games!
Also I'm in!|
/in

YOLOSWAG

Inkling
Alright guys. I got another dude who's gonna play this too which puts us at 9 players.

The following is the setup I'll be using: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=09:12. I'm going to update the OP with this information.

Please remember that Days last 72 hours meaning that if you're unable to post at least once every day irl, it's healthier for the game if you drop now. This is important because due to the game being new on the site, it's imperative that you all stick out the game until you're either lynched or it ends. If you replace out I'm probably going to have to modkill you, which is no fun. I'm also going to point out that it's encouraged that the town stays active; this forces scum (another word for the mafia) to keep up with a fast pace and thus make themselves likelier to slip. It's also just more fun that way.

The game starts in approximately 24 hours. Please familiarize yourself with the link I provided in this post and if you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask here in the interim!

Finally, if anyone else is reading this and would still like to join, you can still post and I'll put you in as a replacement. That mean's you'd take over for any player who would potentially drop.

Last edited:

Bruce Squillis

Inkling
Hopefully no-one will be inactive this game, but we can't always get what we wish for...

The 9:12 set-up looks awesome by the way. Credit to Bob.
The only thing I'm a little concerned with is the fact that we won't have a town PR with a Night-kill ability, but we should be okay in that regard. It doesn't look like there are any roles that can tamper with investigative results. In the event of a cop-guilty, it would probably be most optimal to lynch day-of, and either confirm or falsify the cop. The only time that would be questionable would be a lylo claim.

I'm psyched for the game as well.

To anyone new to the game who might be poised with a few questions, feel free to ask me during the game. I don't know everything, but I know a bit.
Here's something to check out if you're new: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Antrax's_Guide_to_Being_a_Good_Townie
Also, if you're ever confused on what jargon we're using in the game, check this out: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Commonly_Used_Abbreviations

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom