neo agent 3's involvement in side order

sillymako3

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-1197-7479-6786
in Splatoon 3, you are neo agent 3. so, in the very first cutscene, neo agent 3 is the one falling asleep and being the transition to the spire of order. what does this mean? at first, i assumed that it was a simple transition, or even neo agent 3 becoming "zoned out" like how the reports describe citizens in inkopolis square in Deep Cut's new segment. now, though, i think neo's involvement is much deeper. I don't have a set theory yet, but i'll list some interesting stuff about it here.

1) opening scene [VIDEO]
as I just said, the opening scene shows neo agent 3 falling asleep on their way to inkopolis square, then follows a glitching effect as a transition to Side Order. here's some points I concluded from this + some confusions:

- side order is canon, since pearl and marina were really brought there during their tour. it can't just be a dream (right?)
- everyone else around neo agent 3 fades out during the glitch, except neo
- people are being brought to the memverse against their will because of having sea-cucumber phones. neo has one of these
- neo is on their way to the square. is the square a factor of people being brought to the memverse?

2) agent 8's condition [VIDEO]
eight wake's up with a loss of memories, including who they are and who off the hook is. here's some points:

- is neo using eight's digital model in the memverse to be there? there is confirmed to be mishaps in how the memories of victims are placed within characters, such as cipher having the knowledge and awareness it has due to this...
- splat3 customization options are available for eight, which hints at a certain splatlandian someone being in control...

3) tableturf battle dialogue [VIDEO]
when tableturf battling pearl, marina, or acht, they have very peculiar comments about neo...

> PEARL: "What, I lost?! You're too good at this, Eight!" "Ah, sorry-wrong person. It's just that you have the same vibes as a friend of mine."

> MARINA: "Oh wow! I see you're a master on the battlefield AND at the table!" "Hm? How do I know you're good in combat, you ask? How indeed."

> ACHT: "That one goes to you." "By the way, do you know an Octoling named Eight? It's fine if you don't. Just seemed like you have some things in common."

these lines seem to indicate that eight wasn't acting on their own free-will, if neo really did show their personality through eight. rina specifically seems to be more aware, and with her being the creator of the memverse, this is pretty suspicious...

that's all I have for now, please tell me your theories or any more evidence you have found! thank you :3

Cephalobro

I believe what happened was that somehow, Neo 3's and Eight's souls linked up in some way, while their bodies were still in two completely separate places. While on the train, Neo 3 misses their destination for Inkopolis Square due to sleeping so much, always ending up in Inkopolis Plaza or Splatsville. This happens before Side Order is beaten for the first time.

Somehow the linked souls cause the victims to undergo a longer sleep than intended, only when Side Order is beaten can Neo 3 wake up early enough to get off the train at their intended destination, which is Inkopolis Square.

This can also explain why the Memverse looks like a destroyed version of Inkopolis Square, Neo 3's memory and Eight's memory mixed when their souls linked up.

Pallettes are part of souls from individuals, but it seems like not everyone generates Pallette when getting to the Memverse, explaining why Acht didn't get one and how Neo 3 doesn't necessarily need to get one either.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Fun fact to go along with this: If a player's Neo 3 is an inkling, Eight's soul in Side Order will be squid-shaped. While this is definitely most likely a developer oversight, it could speak to this idea that Neo 3 and Eight share a consciousness. (Where'd the fourth wall go?)

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I have a hard time believing the devs would miss something like this. I think either they coded it in intentionally, or they noticed it but decided not to change it because lore. Probably the second one.

Hikarimoon

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
Fun fact to go along with this: If a player's Neo 3 is an inkling, Eight's soul in Side Order will be squid-shaped. While this is definitely most likely a developer oversight, it could speak to this idea that Neo 3 and Eight share a consciousness. (Where'd the fourth wall go?)
When I first started side order, my player character was a octoling, and it still showed my squid-shaped ghost. That had to be a developer oversight. In fact, maybe it’s just a visual glitch. If it is, I hope Nintendo fixes it soon.

Cephalobro

Hmmmm interesting
I mainly look at the eyes of the ghost, if it's white, it's a squid, if it's green/yellow, it's an octopus. This is because while the ghosts of playable Octolings did have white eyes in Splatoon 2, they were changed to green/yellow in Splatoon 3, possibly to avoid further complications of Octoling and Octarian lore in a game that's supposed to end the current story arc.

sillymako3

Inkling
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-1197-7479-6786
I believe what happened was that somehow, Neo 3's and Eight's souls linked up in some way, while their bodies were still in two completely separate places. While on the train, Neo 3 misses their destination for Inkopolis Square due to sleeping so much, always ending up in Inkopolis Plaza or Splatsville. This happens before Side Order is beaten for the first time.

Somehow the linked souls cause the victims to undergo a longer sleep than intended, only when Side Order is beaten can Neo 3 wake up early enough to get off the train at their intended destination, which is Inkopolis Square.

This can also explain why the Memverse looks like a destroyed version of Inkopolis Square, Neo 3's memory and Eight's memory mixed when their souls linked up.

Pallettes are part of souls from individuals, but it seems like not everyone generates Pallette when getting to the Memverse, explaining why Acht didn't get one and how Neo 3 doesn't necessarily need to get one either.
the idea of their souls just sharing the digital model of eight is very interesting and what I'm leaning towards personally. another thing, when the spire is beaten and eight (and the others) leave the memverse, I like to think neo 3 finally wakes up physically and gets to their stop. eight goes back and discovers their own pallete, making them feel whole again, I imagine.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Fun fact: if you use inkling in the main game, when dying you’ll see an inkling ghost. May be serious lore stuff, may be a graphic error.
I have a hard time believing the devs would miss something like this. I think either they coded it in intentionally, or they noticed it but decided not to change it because lore. Probably the second one.
My guess is both

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Fun fact: if you use inkling in the main game, when dying you’ll see an inkling ghost. May be serious lore stuff, may be a graphic error.
I, uh, kind of already mentioned this. It's a good fact, though.

Eel-Ectric

Inkling
Pronouns
she/he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0840-7727-8401
Huh! This is definitely interesting to think about. I did wonder why Neo is the one shown falling asleep instead of Eight but never thought more about it.
It's weird, though, for something like this to be so hidden away and unused. Maybe the devs are planning something? But I don't know what and how they would use this, especially since Side Order's already been released and the conflict is seemingly resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom