• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Stage coming 6/2/15

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi

Source

Splatoon's JP twitter literally just posted this, a new stage we haven't seen in previews or anything, and it's coming out TOMORROW at 11 AM in JP time, so close to midnight in the US.

I'm not sure what the name is since I can't read nippon, I hope someone can translate!
EDIT: We're also getting a new weapon, the NES Zapper

Evidently we're getting stages and weapons together, I wonder how many of each there are!
EDIT MKII: The new stage is called Port Mackerel

Last edited:

Supernictendo

Inkling
NNID
Nictendo
Just got into a super busy day at work but this makes it all better! Thanks

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It says is coming today in the direct. Anyways, great news

Meloetta

Senior Squid
Apparently at 11am JST according to a stream chat.
Which means around 11hrs from now.

NineWholeGrains

Inkster Jr.
NNID
xcrunner39
ホッケ(Hokke) is a type of mackerel in Japan, and 埠頭 translates to "wharf." If I had to take a stab at what the English name will be, I'd guess either Mackerel Wharf or Mackerel Harbor since Mackerel is much more recognizable than Hokke.

As for the map itself, it looks like a crazy close-quarters splatterfest. I can see a variety of weapons doing well here.

Edit: Thinking about it a bit more, I could see Hokke Harbor as a probable candidate, given the dev's love of alliterative titles. (Walleye Warehouse, Urchin Underpass)

NineWholeGrains

Inkster Jr.
NNID
xcrunner39
Aw well. I tried. :P

So we get a new mode, gun, and map? Sounds like an awesome update to me!

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
Very excited for this update, I wasn't expecting it so soon! Port Mackerel looks interesting, it looks like it's a bit different compared to other maps in the game.

lightdasher

Pro Squid
So is this where the stolen UK shipments are?

Heh, I wonder if we're getting the red zapper too with this.

Although it'd be neat (and make more sense) if the zapper was a charger weapon instead

ZeroParadox

Senior Squid
NNID
ZeroParadox
Wow, that's... I honestly wasn't expecting anything so soon. Outside of ranked mode of course, but even then I didn't expect that until tomorrow at least. A new map and a kooky gun... and it's not even that summer camp map we've seen.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Super excited for the new map although it looks like it will be super troublesome against chargers with all those vantage points. Excited to strategize on it though, it's a favorite of mine taking out chargers with a kraken.

praline

I'm ready!
So is this where the stolen UK shipments are?

Heh, I wonder if we're getting the red zapper too with this.

Although it'd be neat (and make more sense) if the zapper was a charger weapon instead
I think it'll be like the regular gun type.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Splatoon's JP twitter literally just posted this, a new stage we haven't seen in previews or anything
I do recall seeing this screenshot before, but that was it. Interesting that this comes before the three other maps we know much more about.

Anyway, wow, updates already. I actually thought it was all just gonna be one big August update rather than a steady rollout. What a pleasant surprise.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Actually... anysquid else find it a bit strange that we're getting the Zapper first and not say, the Paintbrush that's been in all the trailers?
Yeah. I am a bit bummed we aren't getting the inkbrush this week, but new content is new content and the NES Zapper-like gun is interesting too.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Actually... anysquid else find it a bit strange that we're getting the Zapper first and not say, the Paintbrush that's been in all the trailers?
Yup, about as strange as getting this map before Kelp Dome, Bluefin Depot, or Camp Triggerfish.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
This looks like roller heaven
I would disagree as all the high up spaces leave you open to be blasted and sniped. This seems like a charger or splatter heaven is all you have to do is get on top and jump from freight to freight splattering anything and everyone below. Not that I wont try it with a roller as its one of my favorite weapons but you would have to watch your back more and strategically avoid all head-on confrontations on the ground, the even layout seems like it would make sneaking up with the roller tougher as well imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom