New Unknown Stage?! Skyscraper Parking Lot?

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75
So in this recent video from Nintendo Japan, there seems to be a new map built upon skyscrapers (or just high up in the buildings). It may be in a part of a parking lot (or maybe the whole stage is a parking lot).

First, you can see a respawn point in the beginning on the top left, behind the yellow grated fence. If you pause at 0:17, you can clearly see the respawn point atop a small structure on the left hand-side. We can also see some of the map when the Super Jump is performed. At 0:27, it's the same unknown stage, but the video is upside-down.

Also, during the beginning, you can see the ground near the spawnpoint looks like it would be a parking space for vehicles. Another thing is that the spawnpoint seems to be on top of an elevator for vehicles. If you look at the video during 0:19, you get a clear view of the spawnpoint on top of the elevator (and it should be an elevator because there is a long running structure under it, which seems to indicate that it's an elevator).

Now that's about as much as I know so far from the video, but if you see anything else I didn't point out in the video, then go ahead and comment on it. :) I'd be more than happy to hear speculations / input.

What are your impressions on this new stage?
Does it look completely finished?
Do you think it'll come during Splatfest?

By the way, this video is for Splatfest, an upcoming event in Japan (in case it wasn't obvious enough :p) .

Lastly, here's Judd dancing. :)

Last edited:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Huh. I mentioned wanting to see a stage based on the rooftops of some buildings in the DLC maps thread not too long back. I guess I'll be getting my wish. Hopefully before the NA Splatfest the following week, too!

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
A new stage taking place either in a high up parking lot or right by a freeway seems like a perfect stage. I doubt they'd tease something like this only to scrap it from the game, so I'm excited to see what the stage is and when we get it, I kinda hope they just throw it at us like they did the other stage, I love surprises.

More importantly, are we getting Kelp Dome with Splatfest?

InfiltrationFox

Inkling

It seems like these two are the same stage. You can see the same highway in the background of this picture and at 0:20 you can see the same slope that this one has.

Do you think the upcoming stages being shown off at night mean they're all coming before Splatfest?

Shirma Akayaku

Pro Squid
NNID
Toadette75

It seems like these two are the same stage. You can see the same highway in the background of this picture and at 0:20 you can see the same slope that this one has.

Do you think the upcoming stages being shown off at night mean they're all coming before Splatfest?
That picture of the stage is definitely the same one in the video (except at daytime).

The stages are at night only because it's during Splatfest. To answer your question further, I probably think that's not the case. It is possible that the stages could be added before Splatfest, but I don't think them being shown at night is any indication of them coming before or after Splatfest.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Gotta say, though, the stage really likes its ramps. I wonder if people can take advantage of that and splat people trying to come up to their base?

We totally need to discuss this stage once it comes out.

InfiltrationFox

Inkling
It definitely seems like this is an anti-roller map. Chargers and shooters could gun them down from above before they get close.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
What are your impressions on this new stage?
Ah, it looks rather vertical (if it's the stage seen in InfiltrationFox's pic, anyway), with a boxy-looking area on the bottom and a bunch of stratified (I think that's the word I want) horizontal spaces on both sides. This looks like Charger heaven if you can snipe people below you, or maybe it'll be good for Rollers to rain down tidal waves of ink while rolling through the parts between horizontal bits if they can do that.
Seems like it'll be a pain in Turf War, since you have to fight upward to get anything beyond the center (which looks easy to get to, at least).
Hopefully there's only one Splat Zone, located in the center.
Now that I said that, this sounds like a Walleye Warehouse close-up-type map. I'm not sure if I like it now: I hate Walleye, but I think it'll be harder to spawncamp and generally overrun the other team here, which is my main problem with Walleye (the ease with which that happens, usually to my side), so maybe it'll be alright.
But I dunno.

Does it look completely finished?
Maybe, maybe not. Didn't get a good enough look to tell (too dark).

Do you think it'll come during Splatfest?
Maybe during one of them, not sure which one though (there are three this month, right?).

Lastly, here's Judd dancing. :)
That's adorable! Sig'd (if you don't mind).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom