new Urchin Underpass Tour

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Cool, they made it more open and less chokepointy (at least, as far as I can tell; no way to know for sure until I play on it myself). I like the new Underpass.
Having said that, it doesn't feel like... like Urchin Underpass any more, if that makes sense. It's too different. That's not really a problem, I had problems with the original Urchin Underpass, but I kinda want the original to return in some capacity (maybe in the background of the new one, somehow? Or as a single-player level?).

the old underpass was as irritating as moray is now, mostly due to the one spot on the ramp that chargers can take to literally wipe out anyone that comes through AND IT WAS SO EASY TO DO AS WELL. not only could it be completely impossible to push but the pathways into the middle were so small an hard enough to maneuver in and out of without being completely trapped. im sorta questioning the the trees bit but atleast rollers and blaster cant just hide in one spot, wait for you to come out, splat you, then rinse and repeat.

Basically TL;DR it was better for camping than Trigger fish. IYKWIM -_-
Soooooooo it was a great place to make s'mores? :D
Seriously though, Chargers were never my problem on this map. I hated that it was so easy to wall off the center with a Roller or Splat/Suction Bombs and decent shooters/Blasters (seriously, that's how I won most of my Splat Zones knockouts, just smacking the other team back to their spawn and swinging on 'em when they tried to get back in). Seriously, too easy, it wasn't even fun after a while (though it did feel good to do after going on a losing streak for half an hour).
Fortunately(?), I don't think that'll be as easy to do under the new Urchin. The trees are a bit odd, but I'm sure they can be worked around. Looking forward to the new Underpass!

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Be sure to post threads in the correct board. This is about a map, so we've moved it to the Maps board.

florence

Full Squid
i love it! that map always felt so cramped, glad they fixed that. i can tell i'm going to have a lot of fun on this map.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
This is pretty much a new map! I'm looking forward to not getting dunked whenever I try to cross a corner.

Also does anyone else hate the Gamexplain guy's voice? I try to avoid their videos just because of it

thepyrusgod

Inkling
NNID
MK8_PyrusGod
This is pretty much a new map! I'm looking forward to not getting dunked whenever I try to cross a corner.

Also does anyone else hate the Gamexplain guy's voice? I try to avoid their videos just because of it
there's multiple people

Chewi

Full Squid
NNID
IronChefCanada
Much better IMO. No more choke points of death. Also the bucket sounds like a shotgun!

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
After a few matches with my brush, I'm loving the new redesign. All the free room to run around, and sneak up on people just as I expected. I finally feel like I have a fighting chance now. :V

Summer1401

Full Squid
NNID
Litaker
yeah I like the change though sometimes I feel like all they did was make it bigger even though I know they did more.

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
I hate it. It seems easier to get locked in to your own base because it's so easy to get in to their side now. Also the placement of things just seems... Erratic? There are random pillars and signs it's hard to navigate.

Xadus

Inkling Tactician
NNID
JainaSuila
I really liked the rework at first but lately it almost feels more cluttered so idk. I have mixed feelings on it, maybe I will like it after I play it some more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom