• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread (11/12/15)

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Super happy that Twilight Princess HD is based on the Gamecube version. Though I wish the visuals looked cleaner, but I can't wait to see what changes were made.

The new stages in Splatoon look amazing, and I am glad there are even more pieces of gear available. Sad about the lack of Octolings though.

I love the Fire Emblem bundle, so I'll be getting that.

Cloud Strife in Smash?! That was pretty unexpected!

That was a pretty good direct overall.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
FKN CLOUD!!!

I cried. I cried like a high school girl winning prom queen. And it wasn't leaked. IT WASN'T LEAKED.

Last edited:

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I thought the last Smash Bros trailer at the end might've been a Metroid thing before it showed the Smash Bros logo.
Then I was completely lost when I saw X Final Fantasy VII.
Then my jaw dropped when I saw CLOUD STORMS INTO BATTLE!
That was completely unexpected, and also f*cking awesome.

Glad Nintendo Directs are back.

New Splatoon stages and Hyrule Warriors and Xenoblade and whatever else they showed look nice too.

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
cloud is merely squeenix cross promoting the rerelease. i can bet you confidently that he wasn't even on the ballot.

but glad you're excited.

now i'm gonna go cry because octos weren't announced, and we might have to wait even longer, if that...

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
I feel bad but i'm kinda enjoying the salt about TP HD.

Also pretty happy to see Linkle in Hyrule Warriors wish they pick a different name though.

ChibiDubtalia

Pro Squid
I love the new winter school uniforms for Splatoon. With lots of new gear added, there's lots of possibilities to cosplay as an Inkling.

I also wonder if the same glitches will still be in the Pokemon RBY virtual console. Will they fix it or bound to have more new glitches? I'm anxious if we can see Missingo one more time with this release, since Nintendo did acknowledge its' existence before. It could also show the new generation about the history of Pokemon based on that particular glitch.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Call me a whiny adult but I don't care, I was burned by the direct. All I got out of that was the Dragon Quest announcements and Shadow Mewtwo being a playable character in Pokken. I hate the fact the Yoshi got a small mention but they had waste time on Mario Tennis which has recycled artwork and voices and it looks like pure garbage?

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
it wasn't a direct. it was a catchup on their press releases. there were some cool surprises, but not enough for a direct. everything shown could have been spread out in different announcements. instead, we get information we already had, and a tiny bit of reveal, for months of silence.

not a good trade. and kind of an insult to their fanbase and customers who waited that long for news.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
TP HD looks like they just ported the game with no improvements while slapping the HD thing on the title. Geez, it looks even more dated than it did 9 years ago.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So Nintendo's gone full PTP then? Eh, it was a but a matter of time I guess. At least that's the impression I got from most of what Bill talked about.

New Splatoon stages are neat, and it sounds like there's still hope for more stuff. Cloud for Smash... who? (But his stage looks rad as ****, so I might get him anyway.) I was wondering if RBY would ever geta VC release. Zelda Remaster looks a bit underwhelming, but I'll get it anyway—Wolf Link amiibo and the soundtrack seal the deal for me. I'm warming up to Paper Jam bit by bit, hopefully it doesn't suck. Star Fox Zero looks marginally better, I'll get it eventually. Same with that Neo Fast Racing or whatever it's called; I can't be the only one who thought that reeks of F-ZERO?

Everything else is cool as well, but the above is what truly interests me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom