Overly in-depth Sizzle season kit predictions

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
So when I was playing recycled brella in march, I started wondering what it would get for its second kit.
Before I knew it, I had made predictions for every single remaining kit in the game, and I don't even play recycled brella anymore. Bear with me

I wanted to wait for world champs to post these, in case we got a third kits announcement, but as of now nothing's been confirmed, so with sizzle season approaching next month, I think it's time

I'm assuming nintendo wants a balanced sub and special distribution, that matters for the entire playerbase. I'm also assuming they don't like repeating subs and specials on weapon classes, so I tried avoiding those. And while I was at it (and since I'm desperate), I tried avoiding repeated sub/special combos, though they're not completely off the table.

Here's the current sub distribution:
Sub distribution.png

We're most likely getting one more fizzy bomb, torpedo, burst bomb, toxic mist and angle shooter weapon

And here's the special distribution:
Special distribution.png

We need one more splattercolor screen, triple splashdown, inkjet, super chump, tenta missiles, crab tank, kraken royale, triple inkstrike and booyah bomb weapon

There's 6 second kits we're missing: Custom Range blaster, Custom Hydra splatling, Bamboozler Mk II, Heavy Edit splatling... Nouveau??, Custom... Douser dualies, and Recycled brella Mk II.
And we're also most likely getting a new splatana and a new stringer for the last season, and this post is already long enough, so just... trust the process I guess.
I think nintendo might release their second kits in september, as a "final update" sort of deal, but this is pure speculation

And just so you know, some of these kits are kind of copium, but I think they're all pretty likely. At least, they could happen ;)
I'll start with the most obvious kit predictions, and go from there:

Custom Range Blaster: Splat Bomb + Kraken Royale

Come on people, of course it's happening. This kit was insanely iconic in Splatoon 1, there's no way it won't come back. Nintendo brought back almost every single s1 top tier's kit, this is the last one. I'm confident it's happening

Custom Douser Dualies: Burst Bomb + Inkjet

We still don't have a dualie with inkjet, this is the last candidate. Considering how nintendo put inkjet on two dualies in s2 (enperry dualies and vanilla glooga), and on splat brella in this game, which can also protect its recall, I think they know that dualies have a lot of synergy with inkjet, so I'd be very surprised if dousers didn't get it.
And for the sub, no dualie has dart, toxic mist, fizzy bomb or burst bomb yet. Dart would have virtually no synergy, it wouldn't even combo, and nintendo puts it on weapons that do combo with it at least. And fizzy/inkjet and mist/inkjet are already a thing on ballpoint and tri-slosher, so I doubt we'll see those.
My bet's on burst bomb, it'd be fun and the combos wouldn't be broken

Recycled Brella Mk II: Fizzy Bomb + Triple Splashdown

Look, it's a brella, the splatoon 2 weapon class. It's based on Marie's brella, from the splatoon 2 story mode. Nothing screams splatoon 2 as much as getting splashdown canceled by an eliter across the map, it's totally getting triple splashdown.
I think it's likely to get an aggressive special too, since big bubbler is as supportive as it gets. TSD's probably not going on either of the splatlings because of naut 79 (except if they want to remake s2 vhydra, which would in fact be hilarious, I wouldn't even complain), or on dousers because of enperries (the other splatoon 2 weapon class), and it would make no sense on bamboo. So between recycled, the new splatana and the new stringer, I'm betting on recycled. It'd have pretty good synergy with it too, I'd be down for that

And I think it's getting fizzy. I'm pretty sure it's getting a bomb, and only two brellas have any. Autobomb and torpedo are taken, and if splat bomb gets on custom range, it'd be on 10 weapons, so fizzy's the most likely candidate

Custom Hydra Splatling: Ink Mine + Tenta Missiles

The only returning subs left for hydra are splat bomb, sprinkler and ink mine. Splat bomb and sprinkler would be on 10 weapons each already, and ink mine worked well for hydra before, so it's probably a safe bet.
For specials, the only rare ones left that aren't on splatlings are crab tank, which is probably a bit redundant for hydra, triple inkstrike, which kind of overlaps with booyah bomb in the "giant death explosion" category, screen (... why), super chumps, which would barely have any synergy with it, and missiles.
I think missiles is the only special left with decent synergy, so I'd say it's pretty likely
The only problem with this kit is it's a repeat of vflingza, but I still think it'd play differently enough to justify it

Bamboozler Mk II: ... Toxic Mist + Triple Inkstrike (I'm so sorry)

LOOK I CAN EXPLAIN. We have three toxic mist candidates to me: recycled brella, douser dualies, and bamboo. Hydra and edit aren't getting it because of zimi, range isn't getting it because of rapid pro, the new splatana and stringer aren't getting it because of stamper nouveau and tri-stringer. It's between these three. And out of these, bamboo's the only one that has a bomb on its vanilla kit.
Bamboo Mk II's had disruptor and then mist in the previous games. The other returning subs it could get are curling bomb, which I could actually see it getting, burst bomb, sounds broken af, and fizzy bomb, which is already on custom goo tuber and also sounds broken af. I'd be surprised if it didn't get mist

As for tristrike, I've noticed a weird pattern where most tristrike weapons had a bomb rush/launcher in the past. Slosher had both burst launcher and inkstrike, neo splash had suction rush and launcher, rapid had suction rush and splat bomb launcher, brella had splat bomb launcher, and z+f had splat bomb rush and suction launcher. Bamboo's had inkstrike and burst launcher before, so I think it might get tristrike too.
It's already on Z+F, but I don't think that would stop nintendo, and it's very convenient for my list, so I'm sacrificing the bamboo fans, sorry not sorry

Heavy Edit Nouveau: Squid Beakon + Crab Tank

Huge copium, I know. They didn't bring back beakon on ballpoint nouveau, despite it being beloved in s2, so I'm still thinking they have some plan for a splatling with beakon, and edit would be such a good candidate. The only other subs that aren't on splatlings yet are dart, which would have virtually no synergy, torpedo, which could work, sure, but edit already has a bomb, splat bomb, same thing, splash wall, which is on 10 weapons already, and BEAKON.
Needless to say, I'm a beakon believer, the only argument against it is that dread d got beakon, and both main weapons released in the same season, which is kind of a weird retriction to make

I don't have much reasoning behind crab, I just think it'd be cool, and it's not on a splatling yet, so I choose to believe

And now for the new main weapons and their second kits! I don't have much to go off of, so these are very theoretical.

New Splatana: Angle shooter + Splattercolor Screen

ugh stop complaining all your weapons are already good
Dart would already combo with every existing splatana, so maybe it would with the new one! I don't think dart's getting on any of the existing weapons, so it's either the new splatana or stringer.
It might have solid synergy with screen, foil flingza style, where you can poke through it or shark behing it with your hypothetical one shot. And dart's a location sub, so there's obvious synergy there

New Stringer: Torpedo + Booyah Bomb

Look, every stringer is painfully mid, so let's give it a really good kit to make SURE it's solid for once. Torpedo can't be on dousers, recycled, range, the new splatanas, and bamboo mk II because of existing kits, so it's between the new stringer and the splatlings, and I think it'd work better on a stringer.
Booyah bomb would be good on it too, it works on pretty much everything

New Splatana Bis: Fizzy Bomb + Super Chumps

See? I told you
The only rare sub left that isn't on a splatana is fizzy, so I think it could happen. It'd obviously be really good, and I think we're lacking in strong chumps kits, so this might work well, it'd be a very combo heavy kit, and the weapon could probably go in with its own chumps.

New Stringer Bis: Burst bomb + Ink Storm

Look the stringer mains have suffered enough, so let's give it ANOTHER strong kit just to be safe. Burst bomb would let it be aggressive, and ink storm probably combos with it, plus it's most likely going to be running around charging its shots a lot, so the healing effect would be really useful.

This sure took a while, but here they are!
Extremely accurate kit predictions.png

(Machine stands for fizzy bomb, and Splash for burst bomb)

We'll see just how wrong some of these are in about two weeks, looking forward to it

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
We're most likely getting one more fizzy bomb, torpedo, burst bomb, toxic mist and angle shooter weapon
I honestly think there's a chance we won't get a new kit with one of the bomb subs listed here. It would leave one of them with only 6 weapons but with how much they love giving utility subs (why did Light Tetras get Sprinkler???) I can see them being done with Burst or Fizzy weapons. It wouldn't make sense to have one sub that's barely on anything despite being there from the start of the game, but the devs aren't exactly known for their reasonable balance decisions.

We'll see just how wrong some of these are in about two weeks, looking forward to it
Have they been consistently revealing new seasons around the same time? I've never really kept track of that.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I honestly think there's a chance we won't get a new kit with one of the bomb subs listed here. It would leave one of them with only 6 weapons but with how much they love giving utility subs (why did Light Tetras get Sprinkler???) I can see them being done with Burst or Fizzy weapons. It wouldn't make sense to have one sub that's barely on anything despite being there from the start of the game, but the devs aren't exactly known for their reasonable balance decisions.
SURELY we're not getting an 11th sprinkler weapon right?? RIGHT??? I'm praying more weapons get these bombs it'd be so sad if they only ended up on 6 weapons
Have they been consistently revealing new seasons around the same time? I've never really kept track of that.
Yeah they usually get announced in the middle of the last month of the season, around the 15th

QuagSass

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
unironically, I think of all the potential specials listed for Hydra, Missiles has the least synergy (but not by much)

Missiles gives location and displacement. Problem is that it doesn't last long enough for the Hydra to play off of them. It'd be a strong supportive tool for Hydra, but nothing it can make use of by itself. And honestly that's an issue with a lot of the specials in the game. Hydra's charge time is just so long that a lot of specials are over before it can do anything. The location is nice I guess, though it usually just makes people stay out of your sight.
Ink Storm would do everything Missiles does while also synergising with Hydra better.

Strikes does what Booyah does, which is great. And honestly it might even work better than Booyah because you can time the strikes more. Still not super duper great due to Hydra's long charge time.
Crab Tank is just Hydra but again, which is funny. And the most threatening part about Hydra is it's full charge fire, which is what crab is while also being a free ink refill. Redundant, but would be really strong on it. Crab already likes being where Hydra is
Screen I think would work really well if Hydra got a location sub (angle shooter would actually be kinda fun on it ngl). It reveals sharks, works as pseudo-cover and it combos with partial charges. I could see Screen working for a more aggro kit. Yeah it'd be weaker than vanilla, but the best second kits are the ones that encourage a different playstyle imo. (Also let's be real, it's gonna be kinda tough to top the current kit)
Chumps are in a similar boat to Screen. With the right sub this could make for a really fun aggro kit. Chumps are cover, they're fast to deploy and they combo with partial charge.

These all suffer from the same issue of not lasting long enough for Hydra to reliably play off of them though (except for Crab lol)

Personally I believe in the BPN and Chydra switching kits conspiracy theory. Beakon/Storm Hydra coming, trust 🙏

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Everyone seems to think that Custom Range is getting Splat Bomb for its reference kit.
The issue is that Splat Bomb is already on two blasters, vLuna and vClash.
I strongly believe that Custom Range is getting Torpedo. It would be a mix between S1 Custom's Splat Bomb, and Grim's Burst Bomb.

Otherwise, I think all the other predictions are possible, if not in alignment with my own.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
Everyone seems to think that Custom Range is getting Splat Bomb for its reference kit.
The issue is that Splat Bomb is already on two blasters, vLuna and vClash.
I strongly believe that Custom Range is getting Torpedo. It would be a mix between S1 Custom's Splat Bomb, and Grim's Burst Bomb.
I don't think it matters too much whether or not there are weapons with duplicate subs or specials in the same class. If that were the case then we wouldn't have things like vanilla Undercover and Sorella Tent having Ink Mine or, to that same point, both Luna and Clash having Splat Bomb. Blasters are one of the more diverse classes as is and if I think there's any overlap, it makes sense for it to be with Range Blaster and two of the weapons it's most different from. Especially since like every big Splatoon 1 kit is back in the game and the developers just love playing to everyone's nostalgia.

I remember hearing a theory about how S-BLAST is the developers' middle ground between trying to have something that feels like S1 Range while also having something that fits some internal design ideas for the weapon. Don't recall the exact arguments used but it's something about having the ability to poke at a distance with a weapon that's more well-rounded, but not as explicitly strong at locking down so much space. This was when the first kit came out, and if anything the '91 kit kinda supports that to me since it carries over a recurring thing Range has had with Burst Bomb + displacement special. My big concern is that the devs think the '92 kit is meant to feel like S1 CRB - big invincible entry special with a weaker subweapon for controlling space, but one that (supposedly) helps make its painting a lot better to shore up a major weakness of the weapon.

I wish I could say more about that theory but nothing there's truly been confirmed anyways. I'm 50/50 on CRB returning. It'd be weird for them to include all of the most important Splatoon 1 kits and then leave out arguably the most important one. Unless you want to count the Echolocator Dynamo or something else I'm missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom