Patch 2.9.0

NovaScienceNever

Senior Squid
Time to figure out what these notes mean.

Rough Translation
  • Support for Callie and Marie amiibo
  • Ancho-V Games: Patched a glitch in tower control(?) where a bit of terrain isn't properly represented on the map(?)
  • Two Glitch fixes I can't understand with google.
  • Dynamo Rollers: Dynamo's effective center decreased by 18%, damage increased by 12%, ink recovery after a swing increased from 1.17 sec to 1.33 sec
  • Bubbler: Decrease in duration from 5.0 to 4.5 seconds, increase in special duration cap from 40% to 60%
  • Kraken: Decrease in duration from 6.0 to 5.0 seconds, increase in special duration cap from 40% to 60%
Looks like my theory about sea snails didn't come true.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
So they nerfed Bubbler, is that it?
And Dynamo Roller?

...So the dudes I play with?

...Poor Splattershot Jr. :(

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
So basically, they nerfed the dynamo and i'm assuming the kraken and bubbler change is to encourage more players to use :ability_specialduration:. They've been trying to get us to use it for the past few patches now. I have been seeing more players use it though.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
The first glitch is the infamous "sliding super jump circles". Currently, there's a small glitch in Splatoon where super jump circles will occasionally slide to follow the teammate. It's mostly seen in Tower Control where the circle can sometimes slide onto the tower so you'll land there instead of on the ground. So yay~! No more sliding super jumps. c:

The second glitch is with Ink Mines. Right now, Ink Mines can occasionally become visible to the enemy team even without Bomb Sniffer. So it'll be patched so that Ink Mines will not be visible like they're meant to be.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Is that Dynamo nerf really a nerf though? I'm sure the 1HKO hitbox is still too large to realistically dodge, but now it's 1HKOs have more range.

Damn it I liked being hipster with my special duration, now more people might start using it! What's more annoying though will be having to once again readjust to how long the Kraken last, unless the buff to duration up completely offsets the nerf thus two mains will still give the Kraken 7 seconds.

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
i believe the "dynamo damage increased by 12%" is actually the damage done to the rainmaker shield.

"振り下ろし飛沫でガチホコバリアに与えるダメージを、約12%増やしました。"

"ガチホコバリア" here is "rainmaker shield" :>

the thing about the "effective centre" is literally "flicking radius". but i know effective centre is a meta term, that i'm unfortunately familiar with.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
i believe the "dynamo damage increased by 12%" is actually the damage done to the rainmaker shield.

"振り下ろし飛沫でガチホコバリアに与えるダメージを、約12%増やしました。"

"ガチホコバリア" here is "rainmaker shield" :>

the thing about the "effective centre" is literally "flicking radius". but i know effective centre is a meta term, that i'm unfortunately familiar with.
Ah, thank goodness! Their 1HKOs have deceptively long range as it is!

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
The first glitch is the infamous "sliding super jump circles". Currently, there's a small glitch in Splatoon where super jump circles will occasionally slide to follow the teammate. It's mostly seen in Tower Control where the circle can sometimes slide onto the tower so you'll land there instead of on the ground. So yay~! No more sliding super jumps. c:
From what i've seen from english patch notes, it think the first fix is not the moving super jump circle in tower control, but instead how sometimes the inkling itself slides before superjumping.

English Notes

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
From what i've seen from english patch notes, it think the first fix is not the moving super jump circle in tower control, but instead how sometimes the inkling itself slides before superjumping.

English Notes
it really was the effective zone after all! huh. i guess that's good if you want the dynamo to be nerfed (like me)

D

Deleted Member

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17018/session/

There's the English version. Note: The Dynamo, Gold Dynamo and Tempered Dynamo are all getting separate changes.

Dynamo Roller: ▼When using the ink fling attack, decreased the central zone in which it was possible to splat an opponent with a single attack by 18%.
Gold Dynamo Roller: △Increased damage dealt when flinging ink to attack the barrier around the Rainmaker in Rainmaker mode by 12%.
Tempered Dynamo Roller: ▼Increased the time taken to begin recovering ink after an ink fling attack from 1.17 to 1.33 seconds.
Gold Dynamo gets a buff, while Tempered and standard Dynamo are both nerfed in different ways. Standard Dynamo being hit the hardest.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy

There's the English version. Note: The Dynamo, Gold Dynamo and Tempered Dynamo are all getting separate changes.

Gold Dynamo gets a buff, while Tempered and standard Dynamo are both nerfed in different ways. Standard Dynamo being hit the hardest.
Coming from Reddit, North America made a mistake, all dynamos are getting all those three buffs/nerfed or whatever, there isn't a nerf for a specific one.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242

No, they're all getting the same buffs and nerfs. The japanese notes have them all set together whereas the english notes made a mistake of putting them in seperate boxes.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
...Is it wrong that I'm experiencing uncontrollable, maniacal laughter?

This makes the end of snails so much more bearable.... :)

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234

The second glitch is with Ink Mines. Right now, Ink Mines can occasionally become visible to the enemy team even without Bomb Sniffer. So it'll be patched so that Ink Mines will not be visible like they're meant to be.
I didn't know that was a glitch with the tower. That's kind of game changing because now you can't jump straight onto the tower unless you have beacons. And now I might use bomb sniffer again because you can see an ink mine with it now (even though it's still a bad sub).

Last edited:

Award

I didn't know that was a glitch with the tower. That's kind of game changing because now you can't jump straight onto the tower unless you have beacons. And now I might use bomb sniffer again because you can see an ink mine with it now (even though it's still a bad sub).
I think the tower glitch fix isn't that you can't SJ to the tower if you jump to a teammate on the tower. I think the glitch was that before you could SJ to a teammate that was NEAR the tower, and magically when you landed the landing zone moved onto the tower because the teammate you jumped to moved to the tower, AFTER you hit jump. As long as they were actually ON the tower when you jumped to them you should still land on the tower. Conversely with the old bug if you jumped to someone while they were ON the tower and they got off to dodge a shot, you might find that you land OFF the tower even though you should have landed on it.

Then again the laggy tower often means that where you THINK the tower is isn't where it actually was anyway... (Thinking of the poor kid I sniped on the tower and his kill marker ended up on the right side wall of Moray...)

Also, bomb sniffer always showed ink mines. That was it's original purpose. The bug was that you might be able to see the mine without bomb sniffer :)

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
I think the tower glitch fix isn't that you can't SJ to the tower if you jump to a teammate on the tower. I think the glitch was that before you could SJ to a teammate that was NEAR the tower, and magically when you landed the landing zone moved onto the tower because the teammate you jumped to moved to the tower, AFTER you hit jump. As long as they were actually ON the tower when you jumped to them you should still land on the tower. Conversely with the old bug if you jumped to someone while they were ON the tower and they got off to dodge a shot, you might find that you land OFF the tower even though you should have landed on it.

Then again the laggy tower often means that where you THINK the tower is isn't where it actually was anyway... (Thinking of the poor kid I sniped on the tower and his kill marker ended up on the right side wall of Moray...)

Also, bomb sniffer always showed ink mines. That was it's original purpose. The bug was that you might be able to see the mine without bomb sniffer :)
I know it always showed ink mines, but all it did was show the shull and cross bones sign when got near it, but rven without the bomb sniffer I could still see it, there would just be no sign. I guess there fixing it to where you can't see it at all without bomb sniffer, which should help it a good amount.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
I want the Dynamo to be nerfed into the ground partly because I don't have to feel bad when using it and secondly so I can use weapons with less range than the 96 again.

Award

I want the Dynamo to be nerfed into the ground partly because I don't have to feel bad when using it and secondly so I can use weapons with less range than the 96 again.
LOL, yeah. I feel bad for dynamo mains getting hit AGAIN. I know it's not actually an easy weapon to use, and that most of its problem stems from how specially it interacts with the bad netcode. But the dynamos have been dominating the maps at the splatfests in a horrible unfun way ever since the Tempered came out and it was sucking the fun out of higher level play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom