[Poll] Favorite Map?

What is your favorite map so far in Splatoon?

• Walleye Warehouse

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • Saltspray Rig

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Urchin Underpass

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Blackbelly Skatepark

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Arowana Mall

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Port Mackerel

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Kelp Dome

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Bluefin Depot

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Moray Towers

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Camp Triggerfish

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • Flounder Heights

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • Hammerhead Bridge

Votes: 7 7.9%

• Total voters
Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
So we've got twelve maps in the game so far-- a big improvement over the five we had at launch, but which is your favorite? Vote and discuss your choice below!

Personally, I'm going with Hammerhead Bridge. A strange choice since it's the newest map, but I just love the way it's designed. As I've stated in another thread, it feels like no particular type of weapon is at a huge advantage or disadvantage here. I can use just about any weapon on this map and not feel like the design of the map is working against me. Plus the scenery is nice :p I just hope those Jellyfish on the sides don't fall off! :scared:

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
hands down, flounder heights. so much maneuverability. so much room to run. so many places to hide. lots of small pocket to encounter players in. love it.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I voted for Walleye Warehouse, but I love most of them, Kelp Dome, Saltspray Rig, Flounder Heights, especially. Walleye Warehouse is just a solid map, the size is just right, there is plenty of open space, but also there are some small, tight areas for close encounters.

Kelp Dome and Flounder Heights are great because of the wide areas, even if you lose you can still get a lot of points. A lot of weapons are very viable, especially in Kelp Dome.

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Probably have to go for both Walleye Warehouse & Saltspray Rig due to how simple and fun they are.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Camp Triggerfish, and Kelp Dome.
They are both really big, giving Ink Brushers the freedom they deserve for nice approaches, and opportunities

..And I really love the design for Camp Triggerfish.
(I haven't really had the chance to try the latest map however...believe it or not.. It doesn't show up enough.)

Agadez

Octobrush Crackerjack
Urchin Underpass, I know in that map I won't be at the mercy of snipers (brush user here) unlike some other maps.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
I personally don't like Hammerhead bridge, feels too cluttered for me. I suppose my opinion could change since I haven't played on it a whole lot yet.

As for my favourite, it's Moray Towers (3K scope user).

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
Personally I like every map but if I were to choose one it would be flounder heights.I love the sounds of the cicadas and the map on the wall that shows all the ink on the ground.

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
My favorites are probably Camp Triggerfish and Arowana Mall. To me they are just the most solid all around no matter what mode you're playing.

However, I like a lot of courses in very specific instances. Some courses are great for one game mode and terrible for another, though I don't think there's any course that I dislike on every mode.

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
I personally don't like Hammerhead bridge, feels too cluttered for me. I suppose my opinion could change since I haven't played on it a whole lot yet.

As for my favourite, it's Moray Towers (3K scope user).
I felt the same at first about hammerhead bridge. I honestly think it's one of the hardest courses to play really well.

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
There's a whole bunch of maps I like, for example Flounder Heights, Camp Triggerfish, etc. etc., but in the end I voted for Walley Warehouse. I can't even really say why I like it so much, I just do. Maybe it's just me having too much fun locking down the middle area with my E-Liter xD

jackabee

Inkling
NNID
Jackabee24
Camp Triggerfish! It's got much more of an outdoorsy, nature theme, what with it being surrounded by campsites and mountains and all. It's a stark contrast from the other maps, which focus more on industry, metal, and concrete. Bluefin Depot comes at a close second for how worn it is.

Inkster Jr.
So we've got twelve maps in the game so far-- a big improvement over the five we had at launch, but which is your favorite? Vote and discuss your choice below!

Personally, I'm going with Hammerhead Bridge. A strange choice since it's the newest map, but I just love the way it's designed. As I've stated in another thread, it feels like no particular type of weapon is at a huge advantage or disadvantage here. I can use just about any weapon on this map and not feel like the design of the map is working against me. Plus the scenery is nice :p I just hope those Jellyfish on the sides don't fall off! :scared:
Most blasters seem to work well due to the close quarters, corners, reduced danger due from chargers due to the natural obstacles, (which seem to make the chargers less effective) and the fact that squids on the most central elevations can be hit by most blasters. Jet squelchers and heavy splatlings also seem to suffer slightly do to the natural obstacles even if the splash walls, which they can use, are useful due to the close quarters and corners.

Hammerhead bridge is quite cluttered. It is my favorite.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Most blasters seem to work well due to the close quarters, corners, reduced danger due from chargers due to the natural obstacles, (which seem to make the chargers less effective) and the fact that squids on the most central elevations can be hit by most blasters. Jet squelchers and heavy splatlings also seem to suffer slightly do to the natural obstacles even if the splash walls, which they can use, are useful due to the close quarters and corners.
From experience on the Art vs. Science Splatfest, the Heavy Splatling can do pretty well in a defensive position on the ramp connecting the middle and the base. It has enough range to cover most of your side and fend off incoming foes (but you have to be careful of enemies trying to climb the pillar in the middle of the ramp and Killer Wails). Also, while I haven't used the Jet Squelcher here, I'd say it can do the same thing and call it a day.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
For me it's probably Bluefin Depot, it's probably the only map I enjoy playing all 3 ranked gamemodes on.

Dolphoshi

Pro Squid
I love moray towers and if you are any good you can get past me there are pletty of places that I can't shot you and I guarantee that I will run out of ink quickly if I am trying to keep you down and you just swim up and take the wall (if you feel lucky ) or there is a side path that is often over looked and you just either sit and come to your team or you can pop and kill me (i play a mean e-liter) plus I like the view and falling a good 10 feet from tower to tower feels great

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom