• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Seems like Nintendo's plan worked...

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I was 'afraid' the servers wouldn't work properly and that it would affect negatively Splatoon in terms of sales, but it is nice Nintendo's plan worked. Hopefully the game sells at least around ~1mil (I am probably dreaming too big lol).

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
I makes me so so happy to see this game doing well. Let's build that Splatoon hype even more!

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
Well this was a pretty brilliant plan. To allow us to play one of the biggest parts of the game for free, even if only for three 1-hour time periods, was a great idea. And now knowing how much it's impacted sales... They need to do this more often!

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Them having a demo was the best possible thing for this game, people who were at the edge of buying this game, their decision was made after the demo.

Jacob777

Full Squid
NNID
Jacob_Games777
I was skeptical about the game from the start, then after the Direct I thought about preordering it and ended up doing that, now that I played the demo my hype for the 29th is huge

KurashiDragon

Full Squid
NNID
KurashiDragon
That's real good. Let's hope it stays that way. I'd love for them to keep doing the demo in increments like this. (though not 7 hour intervals. I need to sleep damn it D: )

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
I really don't mean to be negative but is it really a surprise it's the best selling wii u game right now? last major one was Smash and that was...5 months ago?

If you look at best sellers in video games it's #31, behind things like X360 controllers and gift cards. Guess what I'm saying is let's not pretend we know anything about sales by looking at what is basically cherrypicked info (sun)

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
I really don't mean to be negative but is it really a surprise it's the best selling wii u game right now? last major one was Smash and that was...5 months ago?

If you look at best sellers in video games it's #31, behind things like X360 controllers and gift cards. Guess what I'm saying is let's not pretend we know anything about sales by looking at what is basically cherrypicked info (sun)
I agree to a point. However, in general, sales ranks on Amazon for video games don't seem to be too seriously indicative of the global picture on how the product is doing anyway. What I mean is that even though silly things like PS point cards, Xbox controllers, and Marth amiibo are in the top 10-20, those aren't the most popular things in the world. They are just some of the most popular selling things on Amazon recently, which doesn't necessarily represent all consumers very well. It sort of depends on the type of items.

I know this is a vague thing, but that's the point. Certain audiences are drawn to purchase certain things from certain sources and retailers, and there are a lot of variables at play. A lot of players who purchase PS points cards may do so from Amazon, but more people who buy Wii U games might use another retailer.

In brief, I wouldn't necessarily look at how a game, or anything for that matter, is performing on Amazon to formulate an opinion of how well it is selling.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
Yep, good point. There are plenty other retailers, large ones at that, as well as eShop. I'm not saying the game is selling poorly so much as how would we know what the big picture is.

regardless, nintendo's plan worked b/c I'm hyped as hell and so are a bunch of people, heh

Gunster25

Pro Squid
Splatoon is now 19th on the Amazon best sellers video games, looks like it's getting higher as well.

Emily Rogers

Inkling
NNID
EmilyRogers
They've been doing a good job with getting the word out there about this game.

Let's hope it continues to pay off.

MustDash

Inkling
NNID
NeDavid
That is certainly positive news. I hope the hype keeps going!

Gunster25

Pro Squid
That is certainly positive news. I hope the hype keeps going!
Yup! Splatoon with the amiibo Is 12th and the regular game Is 18th on Amazon Video Game Best Sellers list so there is certainly a lot of hype surrounding this game and building!

LyonHart

Inkster Jr.
I think a lot of us were worried about servers not being able to handle the huge infux of people participating in the Global Testfire, and though it took a couple of tries to finally connect, once it did it was flawless. No lag, no FPS drops - just smooth as can be (just like Mario Kart 8). I'm so happy Splatoon is getting tons of love and I really hope that, for those that don't have a Wii U yet, this will finally bring them in (assuming Smash, Mario Kart, or Bayo didn't), and they'll realize how good of a console it really is :)

SPLATOON HYPE! MAY 29TH, BABY!

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Them having a demo was the best possible thing for this game, people who were at the edge of buying this game, their decision was made after the demo.
Not everyone was satisfied with the game, though. Some are still crying about voice chat, others refuse to buy the game for $60, some others don't like the obligatory use of Gamepad, etc. I personally love the game, but as everything, Splatoon can't please everyone.
Splatoon better than smash confirmed?
Apples and oranges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom