SendouQ vs X-Rank

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
So brief background: I mostly play solo q X Rank when I play Splatoon and I switched from Ttek to Tarroka this season because I felt like my skills were being held back by teammates who didn't do anything. Now that I've been in Tarroka for a bit and my X Rank is around the same as it was in Ttek, I'm frustrated in a different way. I feel like I haven't improved my skills at all since the beginning of Fresh Season, mostly caused by how little my X Rank has changed. To combat this I tried stepping out of my comfort zone to play more SendouQ and actually play in tournaments. And just, wow. It feels so much better. I don't know what it is but it just feels so much better when you are talking with people while I play. Even when we lose we're still in the same boat and we improve from it. I'm thinking now that I might just get to S+10 then take a break from solo q just so I could captain a team or something like that. Does anyone feel the same way or have similar experiences?

Grushi

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I never tried comp in any way but from playing with friends, yeah, just knowing what to expect from your team, even if you have skill gaps, makes it wayyy less frustrating than getting random teammates.

I'd love to try sendouq one day, though vcing with complete strangers is probably weird at first

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
I never tried comp in any way but from playing with friends, yeah, just knowing what to expect from your team, even if you have skill gaps, makes it wayyy less frustrating than getting random teammates.

I'd love to try sendouq one day, though vcing with complete strangers is probably weird at first
It's less weird than you would think, pretty much everyone is really chill

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
sendou q looks fun to try, but i have enough fun playing the game normally, and am a bit nervous, i am absolutely terrified of playing bad when it counts, and also i play a few unconventional weapons and i don’t think people feel like dealing with one tricks. it would probably be a lot better if it was with people i know or if someone specifically wanted me to play with them, but everyone i know hates this game and also why would someone reach out to me to play with when i don’t put myself out there to play with lol

for X rank, i barely played it because i don’t really care that much about grinding for a good X power, i mainly care about just playing good for myself, not caring about the rank, and playing on the better map rotations

i think bad teammates are a problem with people playing when they aren’t really in a good state to be playing, or people who are in a rank or x power they don’t belong in

Madman46i

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1110-7787-6032
Yeah Sendou Q is definitely the more competitive of the two, but I think its also more fun, but what X has is a way of sharing your skill as an individual and does not take like an hour just to play once. Sendou Q is more effective for practicing with teammates, but if you dont care about comp much, probably do open with friends or X to push yourself solo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom