• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Shroomed Mafia. Over. Who won?

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Votecount: 1.2

xCoCo
Squidmaster
redadil4
African American
Marigi174:
Thingyman, African American, ReedRGale
MajorasMask9
Widdle Mac
Thingyman
ReedRGale

Not Voting:
xCoco, Squidmaster, redadil4, Marigi174, Widdle Mac, Majora'sMask9

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

Notes:
ReedRGale's vote didn't count. Come on guys pay attention to the game. Read.

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline for Day 1 is July 3rd, at 11:59pm.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Widdle Mac and MajorasMask9 have been prodded.

Since July 4th is coming up, I'm wondering, would you guys rather have 5 (or 7) day day deadlines instead, to have a bit more time? Right now, I'm willing to extend deadlines since this is only the second game on the site. I just want to make sure everyone has enough time to play. Thanks for listening. I'd change the deadline to a longer day (to whatever you guys elect) if I get the vote from majority.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
That would be lovely; esp since its been slow >< I think its because most of us are learning right now

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
Yeah, totally understandable. Just use the format: Vote: Extend deadline to # days

Minimum: 5 days
Maximum: 7 days

MajorasMask9

Inkling
NNID
MajorasMask9
Sorry guys, both Widdle Mac and I have been extremely busy today, and likely will be tomorrow/the day after for 4th of July related reasons. I agree an extension would be very helpful, but I totally understand if people want to keep the game moving. I'll try to read some of what was said on my phone tomorrow and might possibly be able to get back.

Vote: Extend deadline to 6 days

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
ReedRGale's vote didn't count. Come on guys pay attention to the game. Read.
Did you mean Redidil when you said a vote wasn't counted? I thought I did everything right and read and reread to make sure. Also it appears you counted my vote so I'm not sure what you mean.

In any case, an extension looks good for everyone so I'm down for it.

Vote: Extend deadline to 6 days

Thingyman

Inkling
I'll refrain from voting on deadlines - I'll just go with whatever you guys want. I'm from a community that's used to 24 hour days, but I can adapt :P

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
vote: extend deadline to 6 days
Tbh its only fair if we get an extention for you 'muricans.

I am about to do my re-read.

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
Ok. I'm a mostly new player (mafia 1 was my first online mafia game (I've only ever played around a table before the previous thread, and that was, like, 3-4 years ago)), so I hope I've made some decent reads.
I... have been voted for? What.... does this make me? Where is the justice? Does it lie here, in my heart? Or must I seek it - must I seek it from the outside, or from within?

This, on one hand, gives me great fury, does it not? I.... have fury?

Would it be true or false to claim myself, a mere friar, as an experienced Mafia player? Perhaps, on one hand, have I played a lot? Or have I not? I would put my own personal claim, stake, LIFE into the fact that I have, indeed, played Mafia in the past - a good bit, but do I like playing it better, or hosting? A question for all times and ages - much like is the apple better, or the banana?
Da fuq? Ok this post is kinda random and lol-inducing. This is hard to make a judgement on, but the ambiguous nature of the post makes me kinda suspicious. Small number of mafia points in this direction.
Voting on the last day is a but too late don't you think?
Bit too late*
Why are you saying this? In my head, it seems a little scummy to be trying to force a vote early on within a day, possibly in an attempt to minimise the number of opportunities we get to pass judgement on you. If I have completely misinterpreted this post and you meant last mafia day then please correct me, but if you mean the last day in a Day then it feels scummy. Small number of mafia points in your direction unless I completely misunderstood you saying "last day"
@MajorasMask9 Despite the suspicion it might draw, I continue to hold that I don't really think that it's right to start voting on the first day, first off. I just don't think there's much to go off of, though I have to recognize the point that @African American brings up and admit that someone's gotta throw the first shots. So, honestly, I think the least suspicion thus far falls on him--it's too ballsy a move.

@xCoCo I don't know. I think it's important to vote when I have an idea of who to vote for. I think for certain it's important to VOTE at all, but I don't like prodding with it. Words seem to do for that, imho. Then again, I'm probably the newest at mafia here so... I probably don't know what I'm doing. xD
I'm in the same boat as @Thingyman on this one. IMO, wanting to vote late in the Day is implicative of town as it suggests he wants to get an accurate read on his fellow players before he does anything. While there is the possibility of this just being a very smart mafia member, I think it is unlikely. A definite town lean here.
Okay, this is super thin, but this is nonetheless the first thing to jump out at me. The underlined sentence in the first post reads to me as something that a mafia would say to actively make himself not look like a mafia. And the following post, where he's needlessly specifying that his vote was a joke vote seems self-conscious to me -- or at the very least, it's not a good post for a townie to make, since you should be applying pressure and shouldn't be telling people to not mind your votes on them.

Small mafia points to Marigi.

I have some thoughts on African American based on these posts, but they are sort of contigent on me interpreting them right, so I'll ask: @African American -- what was your actual read on Reed when you first voted him, and what is your rad on him now?

I like the top part that I've quoted here a lot. I mean, sure, a mafia COULD be tricky and say something like this, but I just don't tend to believe so. It seems genuinely like a townie who doesn't know the setup.

At first, when I read this post, I got sort of a tiny little paranoid feeling when I noticed the Widdle Mac vote here, since it was basically just parroting my own vote on Majoras (which Majoras didn't respond to), so it seemed like Majoras had taken my vote into account, chosen not to respond and then did the same thing I did, which he could've done as mafia here to imitate a townie (me). BUUUUUUUT... While I still have this little paranoid feeling, the top part of this quote mostly overrides it, and I'm inclined to believe that Majoras is probably a townie.

Right, and this is another reason that I have Majoras as probably townie. This thought process here is usually indicative of town: He disagrees with something Reed says, but he doesn't use it as an opportunity to suspect him -- rather, he is able to see it as something that probably makes him townie. It's rare for scum to be faking such thought processes, so I'm gonna go with this being signs of genuine towniness.

Mostly, I just want to say this @Widdle Mac -- it's gonna be tough to get a read on you, if you don't start posting in a more straightforward manner and start providing content :p

Finally, I dig these two posts from Reed. Or well, I don't dig not wanting to vote in itself, but I believe these posts tend to come from a townie, who is genuinely worried about voting correctly and not f'ing up. It reads to me like a genuinely "insecure" (for lack of a better word) townie, who's going against the grain (everyone else is voting, basically) for something that he believes in. Furthermore, I like that he's leaning town on African American -- specifically, I think the "it's too ballsy a move" thing seems like something a townie says and not a mafia.

In conclusion, I have town leans on MajorasMask and ReedRGale.

I have a minor mafia lean on Marigi.

I have an undisclosed read on African American, that largely depends on how he responds to my question :p

I will vote in my next post, since I've forgotten the format.
This shows good thought and a genuine want to catch mafia, so this is a very strong town-lean.
Random lynching seems fun though, and you can still get info out of it. Got to go for gold on the first day. So since mario is evil for stomping on innocent goombas,I
##vote marigi174
because Fludd helps mario and therefore Fludd is evil and if someone wants fludd in splatoon he must also be evil.
I think we're past the RVS stage at this point, so why are you still insistent on random lynching still. Specifically looking at the underlined bits more than the rest of the post. If we're past RVS, why are you using such random reasoning and still staying in RVS? Its kinda suspicious (small number of mafia points in your direction), but I can't make a full read on you atm.
========================================
So here is a summary of my views atm:

Town-lean: Thingyman, ReedRGale
Null:
Null-scum: xCoCo, Widdle Mac, redadil4
Scum:

No current reads:
  • Squidmaster
  • African American
  • MajorasMask9

vote deadline extension to 6 days

idk how you can manage 24 hour Days thingy cuz thats insane even for me lmao. i mean i know i CAN commit but id be (pleasantly) surprised to find a game full of players agreeing to that.

im about to pick my brother up from the airport so ill be back in the thread later today, but ill say that i DONT like that redadil coming in and (trying to) put marigi at l-1.

##unvote

##vote redadil

thoughts on the game plz

Squid Master

Inkling
vote deadline extension to 6 days

idk how you can manage 24 hour Days thingy cuz thats insane even for me lmao. i mean i know i CAN commit but id be (pleasantly) surprised to find a game full of players agreeing to that.

im about to pick my brother up from the airport so ill be back in the thread later today, but ill say that i DONT like that redadil coming in and (trying to) put marigi at l-1.
But he didn't(he forgot to bolden it). He also may have been trying to see who would hammer to see if they where scum trying to lynch town.
Vote: No extension I'm not american.

##Vote:African American
It looks like to me that he is trying to start a wagon against Red and is trying to paint his behavoiur as scummy when it seems like a newbie action.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
I'M A GIRL and Ill be posting after I eat this is also only my second game.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
4/5 votes for deadline extension. You guys will need to lock this in soon since deadline would be today if not.

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
I don't think you voted for deadline extension at all, unless I missed it. Remember to use the correct format. Bold and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom