SIZZLE '24 TRAILER IS HERE

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
I’m so excited to play the new stringer (it almost certainly has Ultra Stamp, and that’s my favorite special for some reason)

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I was super excited for sashimori's return... but man I am not feeling that song lmao. I hope the second one's a banger!

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
I’m so excited to play the new stringer (it almost certainly has Ultra Stamp, and that’s my favorite special for some reason)
yea, throwing the stamp from a far distance would make it so fun

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
SO excited for triple Kings in Salmon Run. PLEASE LET THIS HAVE BOOSTED SCALE OUTPUT!! If they give us extra scales for triple Kings and triple Kings becomes something you can get just normally, my worries over the scale grind and my own burnout will just be completely gone. I NEEEED the Octoleet gear but there's NO way I'd be able to get it with normal scale outputs

Oh yeah and new weapons n such. Douser kit PLEASE be good, I enjoyed vDousers a lot and I reeeeeally want the 3 star grind on the new Dousers kit to at least be tolerable

isaac4

Inkling Commander
Big Run with all King Salmonids is sick but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even change the scale rate. They could see the grinding as a normal part of the mode that shouldn't be made much easier, even if it wouldn't make it that easy to begin with just from the absurd amount of scales you need to get for some of the banners.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
It should be that the scale output isn't boosted at all, but you get the amount you normally would for each of the three king salmonids
it wouldn't be triple the scales, since you would end up doing less damage to each individual salmonid, but it would be more
plus the 1.2x big run bonus

Lisku

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/him
But im honestly really excited, the new splatana looks amazing, the new map looks really big and open, scorch is getting a rework.

my only complaint is that they are repeating big run stages instead of having the last big run be in splatsvile. i mean, how cool would that be, it would be cool to have all of the maps taken over though, like all the salmons try to take everything over

isaac4

Inkling Commander
But im honestly really excited, the new splatana looks amazing, the new map looks really big and open, scorch is getting a rework.

my only complaint is that they are repeating big run stages instead of having the last big run be in splatsvile. i mean, how cool would that be, it would be cool to have all of the maps taken over though, like all the salmons try to take everything over
Yeah, I don't really care for them repeating all the previous maps with how little new stuff they've been giving out these past seasons. If this is really how they end Big Run then I'm extremely disappointed. All King Salmonids at once is still cool though, I just don't think it's enough for what might be the end of a mode that won't happen again assuming we don't get reruns.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
why add one stage and two weapons at the very end of the game's update cycle?
why add (the 24th stage, which perfectly rounds out the stage select menus) and (the last two weapons needed to have added one new weapon for every class) at the end of the game? clearly there's something else they need to do to mark an update as the final one, this isn't the end yet guys!

sorry like. i wanna be hopeful too but y'all are way too skilled at coping about continued content lol. as anticlimactic as i think this update will feel, it is following the trajectory to wrap up every thing left in the game all at once. stages are done, weapons are "done" (aside from 2nd kits for the two new weapons, which might just not happen?), big run is done, finalfest is most likely getting teased at the end here... there's NO hope for another Proper season after this one. maybe we'll get 3rd kits after this season but this is absolutely looking to be the intended end of the game's main update cycle

reelrollsweat

Pro Squid
(aside from 2nd kits for the two new weapons, which might just not happen?
respectfully i dont get why they would add two new weapons and then just not give them alt kits lol. i think standard season updates are over but there might be some other sort of content extension for adding 2nd kits for the new weapons + 3rd kits or smth

i think 3rd kits are both extremely likely and extremely unlikely. they have no reason to not do 3rd kits but if the game is really winding down then its just as likely they dont add them. literally schrödingers 3rd kits

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
Was Splatoon 2 not exactly like this, where content was at its end and then they decided to add 3rd kits only after everything else major was done? If we're talking everything being evenly rounded out I don't see why we'd have two kits for every single weapon in the game except for just these last two. Would be unprecedented for Nintendo to just decide to drop two kits for both of the new weapons as well. If we get two kits for both of the new weapons here then I'll doubt we'd get any new kits after that but I don't think it's coping to think we'll get a little bit more after this. At the same time though, if we don't get second kits for these new weapons this season, I think we'll end up getting second kits for those and third kits for certain other weapons even if there will be little to nothing else new alongside them.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
like i said i do wanna remain hopeful but my confidence in content extension is rapidly declining, particularly with the new system coming up later this year that i feel like they'll want to pivot to. it would take them at least a year to add 3rd kits to everything and i'm just not convinced that's something they'll want to dedicate that time to, especially when this update is tying up every other loose end (again, aside from the oddity of the two new weapons maybe not getting second kits; i don't know how they want to handle that but i don't think a whopping two weapons are going to be what convinces them to extend content, so either they aren't getting 2nd kits at all or we're getting at least some of a content extension)

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Well they've added 10 kits in a season before so it's possible that they're getting added this season and just weren't shown in the trailer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom