• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Slosher: Analysis and Thoughts

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Damn. I was hoping it would be different here, since the Bucket looks like it should benefit, but oh well. Back to Swim Speed Ups for me.
Thanks again, man.

What? How?
Also see edits.

@above
That's interesting does it always have to be aimed like that? Because I thought it was 2how all the time.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
You have to rather close to do this. I think you can do it at one lines distance, at max, in the training room. Aim it rather high above the target and you will do around 140 DMG.
I think I understand. Gonna have to test that later to get it down for myself, but that sounds amazing.

Edit:
Ink saver main does help imo

Damage Up doesn't seem to effect it. It seems like it will 2hit kill no matter what. Even if the opponent has Max defense up. I have not tested this however.

I'm, it is not similar to Blasters since blasters can 1hit kill, are anti gravity, and can be effected by damage up and defense up. They are seem slower than the bucket.

The Nozzlenose is the closest thing to the bucket. It's a trigger weapon, takes 2shots to kill no matter what, travel linear, and is fast.
Good to know Ink Saver at least is good here.
It's almost always a 2-shot? Awesome, that frees up a main slot for some different abilities. Maybe Bomb Range Up? Or Ink Saver Sub? Or another Swim Speed Up?
Maybe Rapid Blaster would've been a better comparison. I see your point about the Nozzlenose, though that actually takes 4 shots (in 3-shot bursts, but it does require two bursts for a splat if every shot hits, so your point still stands), but it still fits pretty well.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I think I understand. Gonna have to test that later to get it down for myself, but that sounds amazing.

Good to know Ink Saver at least is good here.
It's almost always a 2-shot? Awesome, that frees up a main slot for some different abilities. Maybe Bomb Range Up? Or Ink Saver Sub? Or another Swim Speed Up?
Maybe Rapid Blaster would've been a better comparison. I see your point about the Nozzlenose, though that actually takes 4 shots (in 3-shot bursts, but it does require two bursts for a splat if every shot hits, so your point still stands), but it still fits pretty well.
Burst bomb users I know like bomb range up. Range up also grants interesting access areas in bluefish and moray...although slightly hard to pull off. I believe saver sub can grant you the ability to use 4 bombs in one go instead of 3.

Because it's linear ink resistance may be useful.

This is just theories though as I the bucket is still early.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
I've been running max special charge up to get inkstrikes faster, but :ability_bombrange: / :ability_inksaversub: might be good

Edit: Did you know you can turn while shooting it?

Last edited:

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
Hi, I've tried the Bucket Slosher Bucket out, and I like it (not as much as the Heavy Splatling, but it's hard to top the gatling gun), but I have a couple of questions about it, if nobody minds:
3) Should I use Damage Up? I feel like it's a worthwhile investment, since the Slosher's shortish range means I don't want to take more than two hits to splat (otherwise I might lose) and Burst Bombs benefit from Damage Ups, but maybe it's not necessary, or there are just better things to put on it.
It does an even 70 damage no matter what part you hit with. If you hit, you did 70. So use a burst bomb then ink em.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I do think the slosher is op personally- don't think it really has a true weakness (other than out ranging <which is pretty good> or out playing them)... Burst bombs do give players the only real advantage a blaster has with the hitting around solid walls (super high ones like at the edge of stages)... Maybe they wanted a somewhat redundant sub to make up for how good the main is...
It is horrendous at one on one confrontations. If you are in a gunfight, the Slosher dies before the other shooter due to how slow each is. If you want to kill directly, you have to flank.

However, it is better to play towards it's strength and instead shoot behind cover/overhead of anything.

This is an amazing weapon. I already learned to appreciate Burst bomb with the Neo Splash-o-matic. (Not to mention bombs go farther than the bucket's range).

However, the inkstrike is eh.

This weapon does demand a bit of stage knowledge. You have to know what you can get away with in terms of shooting over walls.

I can also see this weapon being deadly when paired with an Echolocator teammate. Then you will know exactly which walls to shoot over.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
Of the two new weapons this is my favorite. I love defending the team's splatzone in Moray Towers with this thing.

RtMbot

Inkling
While I haven't tested it out much in ranked (last night I went 3/12 with it in an A+ lobby; maybe it's not the best in Tower Control), I'm really loving it in Turf War. I think that it has a bit of trouble in 1v1 fights against anyone who knows what they're doing, but I hope that the other bucket variants will be better in that regard. Maybe the trick is to combo with Burst Bombs, but I haven't quite gotten that great at getting direct hits with them.

I think it's insanely good at inking ground though, I'm excited to see how it will change over the course of time.

Feryn Hyrk

Full Squid
A fun weapon, and it's good too! You have to remember that the reason weapons come in a set is for balance. I'm pretty sure they gave it burst bombs for nerfing.

You may say that burst bombs still can synergize with it, but could you imagine how good it would be with splat bombs?

Also, it's been like I'm on single player with so many inkstrikes per match yesterday.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
What's with the Burst Bomb hate? I love the way they work with the Slosher - if your enemy is on the ropes and about to escape, you can quickly chuck one out to finish them off. You can be unstoppable.

This is a fast-paced weapon that dominates when ambushing, I don't think a sub with a fuse timer would match that.

Macaque

Inkster Jr.
NNID
R-Gray-S
Really fun weapon. If your opponent hasn't seen you before you get the first hit in, they are pretty much helpless after that since they will likely be standing in a big puddle of your ink. I think the key weakness is up close where it has a harder time hitting people, a bit like fighting a blaster or dynamo. Being able to kill opponents behind cover makes it unique. I would take this as a main if it had a better set.

It doesn't seem great at head on fights. Also In a 2v1,3v1.. situation it seems pretty bad so far. The bucket animation delays returning to squid form, so by the time you kill the first person, the second person will usually kill you before you can quickly move away. I probably need a new tactic since I'm used to Tentatek.

This weapon can ink a high wall faster than anything else in the game. A single slosh, well placed, is all you need to make a path up the wall. I can't wait to try it out on Bluefin, I think it will excel on that awful map.

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
Really fun weapon. If your opponent hasn't seen you before you get the first hit in, they are pretty much helpless after that since they will likely be standing in a big puddle of your ink. I think the key weakness is up close where it has a harder time hitting people, a bit like fighting a blaster or dynamo. Being able to kill opponents behind cover makes it unique. I would take this as a main if it had a better set.

It doesn't seem great at head on fights. Also In a 2v1,3v1.. situation it seems pretty bad so far. The bucket animation delays returning to squid form, so by the time you kill the first person, the second person will usually kill you before you can quickly move away. I probably need a new tactic since I'm used to Tentatek.

This weapon can ink a high wall faster than anything else in the game. A single slosh, well placed, is all you need to make a path up the wall. I can't wait to try it out on Bluefin, I think it will excel on that awful map.
Oh I agree and it is good on Bluefin and even better at Moray Towers

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
Did anyone know you can arc the ink with the slosher? by moving the camera (or R-stick) while using the weapon

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
Did anyone know you can arc the ink with the slosher? by moving the camera (or R-stick) while using the weapon
Yep, in fact that is the only way you should be playing the slosher.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
Gonna put some work in with this weapon. I'm thinking good gear for this thing would be, the Jungle Hat, Urban Vest/Sage Polo and Hi tops, all with their x5 roll, would be amazing for this weapon.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
You have to rather close to do this. I think you can do it at one lines distance, at max, in the training room. Aim it rather high above the target and you will do around 140 DMG.
I'd guess it's because its damage works like the Roller's flick, where it throws a bunch of blobs and each deals damage on their own. That said, it's pretty hard to get it with the Slosher as it would only work if all the blobs fall over the enemy (and I do mean fall; direct hits will only do 70 damage or whatever you get with damage ups, which should cap at 99.9), so it shouldn't be a concern.

Edit: After extensive testing, it appears that the damage of the Slosher does cap at 70 + Damage Ups, even if several blobs hit the target, so I'm not sure if it's possible to get a splat in one flick against an undamaged enemy

Last edited:

Summer

Inkling
NNID
koinoko
It's pretty good, but the special is a weird choice imo. There aren't a lot of good ways to counter it either..

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I'm late on this, but I too like this weapon a lot! Burst Bombs are my favorite sub afterall, and they definitely have their uses here especially when buffed. The Slosher has a slowish fire rate and a delay before you can squid form, not as bad as blasters, but still not the greatest at close combat or quick maneuvers via splat dashing. Burst bombs help alleviate these downsides, and can also give the weapon set more range when combined with Range ups. Further still, the fastest way to kill is to slosh then burst bomb, which becomes more effective with enough attack ups allowing the Burst to finish them even with it's farthest splash damage. Not a fan of the Inkstrike though, but eh I'll live with it.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Further still, the fastest way to kill is to slosh then burst bomb, which becomes more effective with enough attack ups allowing the Burst to finish them even with it's farthest splash damage.
I might be crazy, but I don't feel like this splats faster than just flicking ink twice. After a flick, there's a small delay before being able to throw the burst bomb, and I feel like it might be as long or longer than the delay before being able to flick more ink (it might just be me)

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I might be crazy, but I don't feel like this splats faster than just flicking ink twice. After a flick, there's a small delay before being able to throw the burst bomb, and I feel like it might be as long or longer than the delay before being able to flick more ink (it might just be me)
While not that significant, it's definitely faster since the bucket has start-up lag while the burst bomb does not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom