Splatoon Koshien

Squirty

Full Squid
NNID
Squirty
Hey squids and squidettes!

It looks like Splatoon Koshien is starting up:
I'm struggling with the language barrier, but does anyone know if there's a streaming schedule posted? I'd love to watch this tournament play out... This looks like it is likely where the stream is taking place: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv233651050

[edit: sorry if you also see a bunch of whitespace in this post... all looks fine in the editor, so I'm not sure what's causing that.]

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
I saw a little bit.
You needed to sign up for a niconico account (free).
As to be expected for the first round there were some lesser skilled players. However my bro told me that towards the end, there was a squad that was playing very smart.
They had 8 wii u's and tvs, were able to stream all 8 player perspectives, im guessing the internet came from that little truck.

CoconutTank

Senior Squid
So did anyone see the final? Which loadouts were used? What kind of tactics or strategies were used?

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
So did anyone see the final? Which loadouts were used? What kind of tactics or strategies were used?
unfortunately not, but as the tournament series gets further along it'll start to get a lot more interesting, as indicated by the last couple matches i saw. cant wait for the winners of the districts to battle it out

Squirty

Full Squid
NNID
Squirty
I saw a little bit.
You needed to sign up for a niconico account (free).
As to be expected for the first round there were some lesser skilled players. However my bro told me that towards the end, there was a squad that was playing very smart.
They had 8 wii u's and tvs, were able to stream all 8 player perspectives, im guessing the internet came from that little truck.
Oh, cool -- I've registered for an account, so it looks like I'll be able to watch the rest live now. Seems like you need to pay for a premium membership to watch them non-live afterwards, though. Ah well...

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
Oh, cool -- I've registered for an account, so it looks like I'll be able to watch the rest live now. Seems like you need to pay for a premium membership to watch them non-live afterwards, though. Ah well...
yah pretty much. I wouldn't worry too much about it. It'll be the later tournies that will get hype, so just watch those live

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Considering this is an official Nintendo event I wouldn't wonder if they had custom-built Wii Us or hardware which allowed them to play via real LAN. Would be really interested in details about that, too.
How did they manage equipment? Did everyone bring their console or did they play with default equipment?

DeltaFixer

Full Squid
NNID
RCDelta
Considering this is an official Nintendo event I wouldn't wonder if they had custom-built Wii Us or hardware which allowed them to play via real LAN. Would be really interested in details about that, too.
How did they manage equipment? Did everyone bring their console or did they play with default equipment?
IIRC you didn't have to bring your console. And everyone played the amiibo school uniform.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
The trucks aren't for the net. Its for the cameras and stuff of that nature.

Charlight

Meme Spy
Considering they streamed the event, the Wii Us were probably connected to the internet for matchmaking. The rest is LAN anyway, even with our Wii Us, if they're connected via LAN - Splatoon uses a P2P connection for online play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom