Squid Roll is actually so good

AlsEggs

Inkling
ngl I feel like I don’t even realize how huge of a thing squid roll was, I played a few rounds of Splatoon 1 today and not being able to squid roll felt so odd. Honestly probably one of the best things Splatoon 3 added to the series!

Attachments

blu_aaa

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2473-2014-2344
Squid roll has changed movement in this game so much that replaying 1 or 2 feels so off without them

Picle

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4195-9440-3526
Idk if anyone else has noticed this, but I've been pretty disappointed of how weak and almost useless the "parry" mechanic of the squid roll is. On paper, it should help you against someone shooting you, being able to run away better or to be harder to kill when used offensively. In practice, you're now more vulnerable because you're in an open position since you're in the air, you have so little frames where the armor is active, and you can't use your main weapon while squid rolling for the armor effect

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
u cant do that ??????????????
yeah you can. it's somewhat inconsistent with latency though. you can squid roll through anything that does less than 200 damage (a lot of specials deal 220 damage but otherwise there's no weapons dealing 200+ to you). the problem is liter does 180 damage, which means if you squid roll it, it does 80 piercing damage. so if you already took 20 damage, youll still die. if you didnt, youll have 80 damage on you, and will die to pretty much anything. still sick to do.

Suquar

Inkling
yeah you can. it's somewhat inconsistent with latency though. you can squid roll through anything that does less than 200 damage (a lot of specials deal 220 damage but otherwise there's no weapons dealing 200+ to you). the problem is liter does 180 damage, which means if you squid roll it, it does 80 piercing damage. so if you already took 20 damage, youll still die. if you didnt, youll have 80 damage on you, and will die to pretty much anything. still sick to do.
ahhh my latency is prob the reason why i keep dying to it

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
Right?? I was goofing off with a friend in splat2 the other day and died so many silly deaths habitually attempting a squid roll only to flop pathetically in the other direction like a sad lasagna noodle.

Norilla

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1594-5651-4610
Squid Roll feels really nice for getting around and it's a really good addition, just wish the parry was actually a parry instead of ignoring the parry if the hit was going to kill you; it'd make parries worth doing more often (unless the netcode has anything to say about it), and leads to cooler plays for spectators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom