Thoughts on the Splatfest (NA)

silvr_nouveau

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/They/She
Switch Friend Code
SW-5141-3082-0456
What are y'alls thoughts on the NA splatfest theme? Me personally i don't think its awful but it leaves alot to be desired ngl

Gray1sG0d

Inkling
Pronouns
Any pronouns
Switch Friend Code
SW-1097-8580-7904
Yeah, it's mid

bwl626

Inkling
NNID
bwl626
im making an alt and buying online just so I don’t have to experience this theme

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
Personally I've never cared for the theme, just for the super sea snails at the end of the splatfest, so I think having a theme like this is fine

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
minty
exactly. gonna make an alt and use free trial on online membership

bwl626

Inkling
NNID
bwl626
I think the main thing about this theme that severely disappointed me was the fact that the ink colors didn’t carry over, I wouldn’t have bothered with an alt if they didn’t decide we randomly get red blue yellow for the third time, like ??????? the JP colors are so unique and pretty…

Pineapple Death Match

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-4487-0366-3601
4/10 tbh. There are so many good 3-option splatfest ideas this just seems kinda bottom of the barrel. Like, what about pizza vs tacos vs burgers? sky vs land vs sea? video games vs board games vs dice games? movies vs tv shows vs comics?

idk I just feel like the 3-option splatfests have been mostly mediocre. With a handful of exceptions, there's always an "obvious" choice to pick.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Every now and then it seems good to have a “nothing” Splatfest. Just chilling playing 10x battles and Tricolor without a strong drive to win.
Nonetheless, I unironically love this Splatfest theme and have a strong opinion on the topic. To be fair, I have opinions about everything.
I also think it’s interesting how Shiver and Frye are switching ink colours.
All-in-all, I’m quite looking forward to this fest.

MxTheLight

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0874-0202-9036
What are y'alls thoughts on the NA splatfest theme? Me personally i don't think its awful but it leaves alot to be desired ngl
I don't think the theme is bad as there are reasons one might choose the other. What I do dislike, however, is the same ink color being used once again and no custom art for each team.

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
Eh, it's fine. Could've been better, but not every fest has to be something big and heavily opinionated, y'know? I'm curious to see what they'll do for the fest art, and maybe we'll see a win for Frye lol. I can hope, at least

MxTheLight

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0874-0202-9036
I agree. It's not a terrible Splatfest theme (looking at the Gear/Grub/Fun), but not all fests need to have lots of thought for a good time (think pulp vs no pulp in Splat 2)

Pineapple Death Match

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-4487-0366-3601
I agree. It's not a terrible Splatfest theme (looking at the Gear/Grub/Fun), but not all fests need to have lots of thought for a good time (think pulp vs no pulp in Splat 2)
on god team gear was SO annoying that splatfest so I agree. I'm getting a bit warmer to the idea of it as time goes on but I do think they're picking some of the least interesting options 😅

Inkranger

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6225-2042-7537
Honestly , I like it tbh. I do see a lot of hate for it, but idm it. I won't be able to really play it since I will be on vacation, but maybe when I return home on Sunday I can. Also, I am probably going team Saturday.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
It is meh but I don't really mind it. At least I don't have to feel torn between choosing where my heart is and where my friends are this time, since no one has strong feelings either way.

isaac4

Inkling Commander
I think its fine
Not as boring as some other splatfests but I just don't expect much for the themes anyway

angelicakuma

Inkster Jr.
Pretty “meh” to me. IMO I think that Nintendo could have given us the JP Splatfest (red bean vs custard vs whipped cream) and not have any major issues with it. However, I suppose that the reason why we didn’t get that splatfest is due to the collaboration with Seven Eleven.

In my heart I do NOT consider Friday to be a weekend. But I am a proud Shiver fan so I’ll gladly be on her Splatfest team I still don’t have a Day 1 Parade Float photo with Shiver 😔

Team Friday FTW!! sad inside because Friday is NOT a weekend day /lh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom