Wait… only one new stage?

☆Brody☆

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-4277-5054-4618
So based on the new season trailer it’s pretty clear that only 1 new stage will be added unlike the usual 2. It’s pretty easy to see why their doing this; it’s so that at the end of the update cycle there will be exactly 24 stages. This means that next season will very likely also give us only one new stage. I guess the reason is pretty fair but did we have to wait until the last 2 seasons for this?

IDK, what are yalls thoughts on this.

Anton.exe

Inkling
Pronouns
any/all
Switch Friend Code
SW-1190-4136-9050
this may be me being overly optimistic, but i'd like to take them not always including stuff like the triple splashdown in trailers as a sign there's still a chance we get a second map

it might also just be because side order is releasing right before the season starts

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
this may be me being overly optimistic, but i'd like to take them not always including stuff like the triple splashdown in trailers as a sign there's still a chance we get a second map
This is my hope too. I kind of expected a least a map from splat2 to be ported, considering other splat2-focused stuff in this season + side order. But if we don't I won't be too broken up about it. I'm still trying to catch up on getting used to all the modes on the last two maps, heh.

Cephalobro

There are two Splatoon 1 stages that have yet to come back into a Splatoon game on the Switch: Urchin Underpass and Saltspray Rig.

Given that they are all too willing to change the layout completely like what they did with Mahi-Mahi Resort, then I don't see how it would be impossible to bring back Saltspray Rig and change it in a way in which there isn't an inherent advantage to one team based on spawn location.

I want Urchin Underpass to come back because then, they will be forced to let it keep the side routes, because Splatoon 3 needs stages with side routes even more than ever.

Last edited:

briank913

Pro Squid
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
Pencil 5B and Triple Splashdown (codenamed Pogo) were shown off a week or two after the Chill Season trailer dropped so all hope isn't lost yet. Although I think the PvP content is lacking this time around because of Side Order.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
This is the Splatoon 2 season and The Reef was a fan favorite map just as Splashdown was a fan favorite special, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're saving that reveal for a closer point to the season's release. At the same time though I'd've thought they'd save Splashdown's rework until now but they didn't sooooo....

jek

Inkling
Pronouns
they/any
Switch Friend Code
SW-0781-2234-8425
id imagine we are getting another stage, its probably going to be urchin underpass as its one of the main splatoon stages

SolarSpinner

Inkster Jr.
NNID
precious116373
Switch Friend Code
SW-3520-1828-4413
If you look in game the "New season challenge" is in rotation and has two "???" stages, and every other season has had 2 stages so its almost certian they simply haven't revealed it yet
Fingers crossed for Snapper Urchin or Reef 🤞🤞

☆Brody☆

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-4277-5054-4618
Ok so if there is actually a new stage they just haven’t revealed, that seems a little odd doesn’t it? Like they’ve never done anything like that before, at least not in this game. I’m not saying that it’s not happening, I just think it’s an odd decision, you know?

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
Ok so if there is actually a new stage they just haven’t revealed, that seems a little odd doesn’t it? Like they’ve never done anything like that before, at least not in this game. I’m not saying that it’s not happening, I just think it’s an odd decision, you know?
I might argue that them leaving Triple Splashdown out of the last trailer set a pretty big precedent for the possibility that major things can be left out of the trailer and revealed afterwards. But we'll find out I guess.
If you look in game the "New season challenge" is in rotation and has two "???" stages, and every other season has had 2 stages so its almost certian they simply haven't revealed it yet
Fingers crossed for Snapper Urchin or Reef 🤞🤞
YOU'RE RIGHT aaaaa this gives me even more hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom