What do yall think of the Wellstring V?

Catloafman

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Fella
Personally I think the weapon looks REALLY cool not only design wise but also the fact that its basically a inverse tristringer with a little reeflux mixed in is just so cool
I am also very interested in this weapons damage it seems good but it does have 5 arrows so its hard to tell

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
I know I'm being biased but as a 5-star stringer player I have mixed feelings myself. To me it's how it will perform in the end so I will definitely use it.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I feel like it's either going to be bad and be a funny gimmick weapon, or be good and be the most oppressive thing in the game lmao.
This thing casually bombards an entire area with its full charge, this is insane, it's like you have perma missiles on hand (oh god imagine the charger matchup). Plus you can have a faster one shot to defend yourself too??

It could be fun though, this weapon sounds like a goddamn miniboss, and I'm here for it. And the kit is (most likely) autobomb stamp so at least it'll have to go in aggressively

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
i think it looks really cool, i like the weapon animations on it!!
i personally have hope that it'll be good, you stringer players deserve a little treat for waiting this long
(those 5 arrows are going to be so annoying to fight against, good weapon or not.....)

QuagSass

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
It has little splatling nozzles on it :)

On another note, I hope it's decent. I like playing tri-stringer a lot, but I have very little reason to do that when splatlings are so much better in almost every way. Would love to have more of a reason to play an AOE backline.

Catloafman

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Fella
So it has Auto stamp and the second kit has point sensor and wave breaker
It got the stringer kit luck but at least these kits COULD be good with some buffs if Nintendo continues to support this game

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I want it to be good. Quite badly.
I love stringers in concept but all of their kits are bad. It has to work well with what it's been given.

AbsentAria

Inkling
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-0607-7213-7613
I'm looking forward to a stringer with a higher focus on AOE damage. I'm definitely giving both kits a try and custom might become one of my flexes for zones & CB.
I'm mixed on auto + hammer, auto definitely works but idk how I feel about using hammer but sensor + wave I'm down to use, location is so strong with stringers

isaac4

Inkling Commander
The design looks very cool and even though I don't play stringers, I was happy for those who do play that class having a another chance for a good kit.
They just revealed both kits for the Wellspring V earlier though with Auto/Stamp and Sensor/Wave so that doesn't seem to have ended up working out.

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
The vanilla kit’s gonna have Stamp, and that’s gonna be the reason I play this thing to at least three stars freshness (I have a weird obsession with Ultra Stamp)

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
It's a heavyweight weapon! Welcome to the club! I love heavy weapons

The more I think about it the more I see some potential here, it looks like it paints decently, and the arrows seem like they're a 4-shot, so they're probably the same as tri-stringer's. It also gets those arrows with the first charge, so you can concentrate them on one area to flush someone out from under a ledge or something, and you can always launch them vertically to attack a single player. It probably has insane object damage too. And the charge time and ink consumption look manageable.

My biggest worry is the close range one-shot. I doubt you need to hit all 5 arrows to kill, if it's 4, it's going to be really hard to hit, but you still get the explosions from the other arrows, so it could be fine? If it's 3 arrows though, that's really good imo, it doesn't sound too difficult to hit.

I could see it being really fun, it just needs its specials (preferrably stamp) to get buffed and it could be solid

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I always said I'd try Tri-Stringer if it had a better kit, but Splatoon 3 be like this. Wellstring lost me as soon as I saw Stamp. But now the Custom kit looks... less bad. I already play Heavy so I don't hate Wave, but it is fairly weak in this meta. At this point in the game, a kit that is merely 'less bad' doesn't cut it.

I was holding out a shred of 10% hope that even after content updates are done, maybe they could still do third kits but no other content beyond that. But I think dropping both kits at once killed that last bit of hope, it's not gonna happen.

Mr Turtle

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7070-2849-3123
As a big fan of the tri stringer, I hope it's good but stamp and wave breaker might prevent it from reaching its full potential if they don't get a buff. I don't think the vanilla tri stringer kit is as bad as some people say it is but having generally weaker kits seems to be a recurring problem for stringers.

Mili

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-6426-7546-0600
My favorite looking bow for sure! Even if the weapon is not one I really plan to play, the looks alone are more than enough for me.

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
I really like the design on them, it's not what I imagined a new stringer would look like but they are still a breath of fresh air. Many people say that its kits are doomed from the start, but I personally don't think that's the case - what if it's just another instance of a main weapon that is powerful even with the subpar sub/special (such as the .52 gals or heavy splatlings)? From the videos so far, it seems like a menace at nearly any range, and I'm excited to see just how powerful (or not) it really is.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
"Good main weapon with a bad kit" is something that was relevant in early S3 when there weren't a ton of kits to compete with, but over time that archetype has largely fallen out of the meta because there are a lot more good kits to compete with. I'm especially thinking of the fall of Tetra here, and I would argue Heavy isn't particularly relevant anymore. I don't think .52 falls into that category, the Wail may not be amazing but Wall synergizes extremely well for it.

TheBearProphet

Inkling
Pronouns
He/Him
NNID
BearProfit
Switch Friend Code
SW-3580-6675-6119
I’m very interested in trying this one out. I mostly play splatlings but I have been trying to learn tristringer. Does anyone have a good read on the range? It looks pretty comparable to the tri to me but I’ve seen some people say (definitively) that it is shorter range or even that it is a midline. It looks longer range than what I would consider midline though (e.g. nautilus or Heavy Edit)

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I’m very interested in trying this one out. I mostly play splatlings but I have been trying to learn tristringer. Does anyone have a good read on the range? It looks pretty comparable to the tri to me but I’ve seen some people say (definitively) that it is shorter range or even that it is a midline. It looks longer range than what I would consider midline though (e.g. nautilus or Heavy Edit)
Looks like it will have similar range to Bamboozler or Rapid Pro. The awkward range value between midline and backline.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I did not realize bamboo had that much range? I'll have to try it out

TheBearProphet

Inkling
Pronouns
He/Him
NNID
BearProfit
Switch Friend Code
SW-3580-6675-6119
Looks like it will have similar range to Bamboozler or Rapid Pro. The awkward range value between midline and backline.
If so, That’s right around Heavy Splatling range, which is kind of the minimum I was hoping for. I’m really looking forward to giving it a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom