Mincemeat Clams my beloved <3
Rework definitely made it more bearable but honestly I loved it even pre-fix

Jazellie

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
she/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-4798-9690-3003
ok probably gonna get dunked on for this but... my guilty pleasure when it comes to a bad map is tower control mahi mahi. mainly because of this one match where i was playing tri-stringer and a carbon roller was chasing me around the map for a good while until they finally got me 😭

probably the funniest moment i ever had playing splatoon 3, i even took a clip of that moment so if anybody wants to see it, i'll gladly share it lol

cipsbsndj

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
A lot of people dislike Rainmaker as a mode (and for good reason), but I personally love it, mainly just because I play Sploosh and Tri-Nouveau, which are both weapons that love Rainmaker.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
ok probably gonna get dunked on for this but... my guilty pleasure when it comes to a bad map is tower control mahi mahi. mainly because of this one match where i was playing tri-stringer and a carbon roller was chasing me around the map for a good while until they finally got me 😭

probably the funniest moment i ever had playing splatoon 3, i even took a clip of that moment so if anybody wants to see it, i'll gladly share it lol
Honestly I agree. I don't really get why everyone so thoroughly despises the trench, it creates tight gameplay on the sides, and only exists before the water level drops. Also, jumping or rolling across the trench mid-fight can be a good surprise tactic.
Then again, I am also a Tri-Stringer player...

Jazellie

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
she/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-4798-9690-3003
Honestly I agree. I don't really get why everyone so thoroughly despises the trench, it creates tight gameplay on the sides, and only exists before the water level drops. Also, jumping or rolling across the trench mid-fight can be a good surprise tactic.
Then again, I am also a Tri-Stringer player...
yeah! and once the water level drops, mid becomes quite open and it becomes a fun map to fight in, that is if your push ends shortly after getting the water level to lower, you can pretty easily knockout the other team if you get past that checkpoint so i think that might be why some people dislike the map so much.

bohneevair

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
they/any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2620-8406-4327
I kind of enjoy how open Mahi Mahi is, but I mostly play long-range weapons so that's kind of a given lol.

Brinewater isn't too bad either.

liligravybread

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0704-7291-1041
personally a big fan of mahi clams lol, it's just very funny and at least clam spawns are very close together so it often doesn't take 2 or more minutes to get the first push of the game in. unfortunately it snowballs, just like tc and rm do on mahi.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
seconding Mahi clams. I know it's awful but my least favorite part of clams is probably when I have to pause and find/think about where the clams are and ...... in mahi you just can't take two steps without tripping over a clam. I don't even have a high win rate in it but it's just honestly so high-energy fast-paced and fun to play. I have even played it enough that now I only sometimes embarrassingly dodge roll into the water at critical moments.

Also brinewater everything, but I think that's just because I have a lot of fond memories of all the new-season hype when that map first released and it makes me feel happy playing on it.

kyubone

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4233-4941-7227
mahi clams, undertow clams, umami clams... why do i like so many clams maps that most people hate? 🥀

s/o to brinewater for being my favorite map that is bad across all modes though. i just love how scrappy it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom