What to do when you cannot play the rank the game puts you in.

MayaOtter

Inkling
NNID
MayaOtter
Switch Friend Code
SW-3722-8252-9907
I keep hitting my head on S+. The most I've gotten to is +2 and that was several seasons ago. Still don't know how I did it because every season since it's just a slow pitfall down into the negative thousands. I still want to play the game but its just not fun when going into ranked means a guaranteed loss streak. Would it be unfair of me to derank and throw my rank up matches so I can stay in S and continue to enjoy the game?

I really hate this system and wish it would be more honest about where you get skill-walled instead of allowing this to happen.

RubberCF

Senior Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2041-7487-3622
You can try deranking once per season, tbh, your probably better off just doing x rank once you get to s+. X rank has its own problems but id say is still a much better experience than series, in terms of skill based matchmaking

MayaOtter

Inkling
NNID
MayaOtter
Switch Friend Code
SW-3722-8252-9907
You can try deranking once per season, tbh, your probably better off just doing x rank once you get to s+. X rank has its own problems but id say is still a much better experience than series, in terms of skill based matchmaking
I might give it a shot. S+ definitely feels all over the place with where it drops me. Thanks!

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
I mean honestly, just stop caring about losing and start caring about learning.

Sometimes you're the hammer, and sometimes you're the nail. If you're fresh to the bottom of S+, you're gonna be the nail for a little bit. Just chill out, let the games happen. Try to pay more attention to teammates, paint the map, participate in pushes, back up before it's too late as momentum slows, etc. Basically just be part of a team instead of desperately trying to not lose.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Wouldn't you know it, I'm in the same spot.

I would like to take a quick moment to complain about the S3 de-ranking system: Why? You have players who are stuck in point debt hell who simply cannot win against the competition, and then you have people who have never lost a game potentially going down in rank because they don't play enough to rank up every 3 months. And removing access to X rank???
All right, rant over.

Anyway, I'd say just do whatever's fun for you. I'd recommend trying X rank, but you can't really go back to S once you unlock it, so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom