what's everyone's fave main weapon, special, and sub?

S3LKIE

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/Her
personally I think wiper is a great main although I don't play it any more. and ballpoint is also great. I think ink storm is super super cool especially with its new buff. and fizzy. fizzy is just so great and doesn't feel ridiculous the way some lethal bombs are.

Catloafman

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Fella
I love Brella the main weapon is just too cool
I'm a big curling bomb fan especially on the Roller and Painbrush
And Inkvac is easily the coolest supportive special ever and needs to be in every splatoon game PLEASE

DChachouke

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
Flingza, beakon and wavebreaker. Wouldn't work together, but I love them <3

isaac4

Inkling Commander
Sloshing Machine, Fizzy Bomb, and Booyah Bomb lol
but if this was 7 months ago I would have probably said Kraken Royale as my favorite special
I also really like burst but the devs are too afraid to give burst to most weapons

Driftwood

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-3698-7224-9692
Main: Tri-Stringer - I know it's not the best but I have a lot of fun using it and it feels so good when you manage to get a arc one shot.

Sub: Splat Bomb - Kind of basic I know but it's so versatile.

Special: I think Trizooka - It's a bit overpowered but does require a bit of skill to use which makes it satisfying when you get splats with it. I guess using that logic Zipcaster fits the bill to but.......I suck at Zip.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
Favorite Main is one of the Splatanas, no idea which. They're both super flexible and feel like they have high skill ceilings, but really punishing if you're not playing well with them. They feel much more rewarding than playing a shooter or something. I don't have much to say about them but they're really popular and it's for good reason.

Favorite Sub is Burst Bomb. Combos are cool of course but I especially love using them to support teammates and chip people down. If you see me playing Splash I'll always get a boatload of assists just because that's how I like playing the weapon most lmao, and the main weapon of Splash itself is more of a means for me to get around, paint, and fight people if they get too close to me. Also a big fan of Squid Beakon because it immediately makes teams more fun to play on, enough so for me to not mind using a weapon that has them in place of a more fighting-oriented one.

Favorite Special is Crab Tank but maybe I'd enjoy Inkjet more if it were on more short-range stuff. I'm unsure if I'd like it as much if it weren't so strong but man does it feel nice. You just control so much space for so long, but at the same time there are so many other specials that completely screw you over and being as slow as you are makes you a gigantic target. This is the other big reason I've been using Splash lately lmao it's just really cool

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
For the Main, Tri-Stringer. Honorable mention to Goo Tuber.
I'm a fan of Stringers' versatility in general and main the REEF-LUXes, but I prefer the Tri-Stringer overall since it has more range. I just wish it was a bit faster, a bit stronger, and/or a bit better.

For the Sub, Fizzy Bomb. Burst Bomb is another candidate.
Fizzy Bomb's charge mechanic, multiple non-lethal explosions, and overall versatility are what make it my favorite. My one wish is that they scrap the gimmick of using motion controls to charge it faster, and just have it charge at a set rate.

For the Special, Killer Wail 5.1. Runners-up are Reefslider and Tenta Missiles, but only with some reworks/rebalancing.
Killer Wail 5.1 is simply perfect. Need location and/or chip damage? Want to support your team at a distance? Might I recommend:
The special is easily the most balanced in the game, it's brilliant in its simplicity, and it's very easy to dodge if you're not already being pressured by the enemy. Combos brilliantly with Bamboo, Rapid Pro Deco, Nova, and Stringer. As long as you have your painting needs covered, you couldn't ask for a better tool.

Last edited:

Sunsetaura☆

Inkling
Pronouns
She/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4266-5020-2251
My favorite main weapon rn is S-Blast. I really like how versatile the playstyle can be. Current favorite sub is burst for nice combos with my other mains and my favorite special weapon is Crab tank.

kotodekoto

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2061-3830-7246
I main the splat roller, and I like curling bomb/beakon and triple splash down :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom