• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

whats your rank?

rank?

• turf war only baybee (੭•̀ω•́)੭̸*✨✨✨✨

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • C- ➡️ C+

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • B- ➡️B+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A- ➡️ A+

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • S

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • S+ / X < 2,000

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • X >= 2,000

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters

Catloafman

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
Fella
ive made it to 2000 xp in all modes but I don't play too much x rank nowadays (im a filthy casual)

Last edited:

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
A is my peak but I swear it was easier to rank up like, a year ago. This was the first season in a while that I got back to A- from B+ and I don't know how I ever did it to begin with, it feels like everyone is so much more clever now. I am really hoping I can at least grind up to A+ this season so I don't have to do that B>A rank up battle again next time but I am... not on track to get there at my current pace, lol

cipsbsndj

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0937-9859-6660
I literally just got back into S+, this has not been my season thus far lol

isaac4

Inkling Cadet
Not my best season right now but my XP is almost always around 2100 or higher at the very least. I've also gotten to S+50 last season but since then I've stopped caring about my Anarchy Rank outside of getting to S+10 so I don't rank down to S after the beginning of a new season.
I haven't played in S Rank for so long and I really want to keep it that way lol.

Lisku

Inkling Commander
i got to S+ at the end of last season, does that count

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
S+0 currently, highest is S+1... I was hoping to grind a little more but basically the instant I hit S+ again (My first time getting there in well over a year at this point) I lost the motivation to grind rank. Same with X power </3 Instead I've just been doing casual opens and not grinding rank or X at all

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
I've always been able to get into S+ each season but not any further past that - I just got to S+1 last night and I believe that's a new record

Mx_Diva

Splatoon Playing Spinster
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
NNID
Mx_Diva
Switch Friend Code
SW-6445-1547-4212
Got up to S rank on April 4.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Sitting at S+0 currently. I don't typically play X, but I might try it this season, as I got S+ much earlier than usual.

If there's one thing I could change for Splatoon 4, out of literally anything, I would remove the current de-ranking system. I work hard to get to S+ and unlock X, and my reward is getting sent back to S and losing X access next season? I call BS.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Sitting at S+0 currently. I don't typically play X, but I might try it this season, as I got S+ much earlier than usual.

If there's one thing I could change for Splatoon 4, out of literally anything, I would remove the current de-ranking system. I work hard to get to S+ and unlock X, and my reward is getting sent back to S and losing X access next season? I call BS.
It's the game's crutch for the real problem, which is that you can't rank down by losing. This has been talked about pretty thoroughly so I won't go into too much detail, but basically, it leads to rank inflation over time (meaning that what time during the season you got a certain rank is just as important as what rank it is) and also makes it possible to be stuck at a rank you don't belong in and lose constantly.

This change by itself would lead to the inflation going completely unchecked, but as part of a larger overhaul (perhaps going back to S1's ranking system but with the tweak suggested here) i don't see any problems with it.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
It's the game's crutch for the real problem, which is that you can't rank down by losing. This has been talked about pretty thoroughly so I won't go into too much detail, but basically, it leads to rank inflation over time (meaning that what time during the season you got a certain rank is just as important as what rank it is) and also makes it possible to be stuck at a rank you don't belong in and lose constantly.

This change by itself would lead to the inflation going completely unchecked, but as part of a larger overhaul (perhaps going back to S1's ranking system but with the tweak suggested here) i don't see any problems with it.
I felt like re-adding the ability to rank down didn't need to be mentioned, since the two changes go hand in hand to the point that they're basically the same change. Yes, we should change it so poor performance causes a player to rank down rather than a season ending.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I felt like re-adding the ability to rank down didn't need to be mentioned, since the two changes go hand in hand to the point that they're basically the same change.
Kind of, but... that's not what you said.
Sorry if I take things too literally, it's hard for me to know when I'm supposed to and when I'm not

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Kind of, but... that's not what you said.
Sorry if I take things too literally, it's hard for me to know when I'm supposed to and when I'm not
It's a fair misunderstanding. I sometimes assume that connections are obvious when they're really not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom