• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Who else thinks that singleplayer mode will be fun to speedrun?

Mondrae205

Senior Squid
I have never speedran before but have been interested by the concept and singleplayer mode looks interesting to do it. What does everybody else think?

DaKid

Pro Squid
I do and I love doing speedruns so I can't wait to see what tricks I can pull.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I think Splatoon may actually be a good game for Speedrunning. We'll have to see. I will give it a try if it becomes a thing.

michael_goldfish

Inkster Jr.
NNID
michael_godfish
I just REALLY hope that the game has profiles instead of being attached to the system/mii like Hyrule Warriors or Captain Toad, it makes resets god awful for speedrunning

Lyn

Premium
I just REALLY hope that the game has profiles instead of being attached to the system/mii like Hyrule Warriors or Captain Toad, it makes resets god awful for speedrunning
Yes, definitely. I will be so upset if it's not.

Lyn

Premium
Yeah I'm excited to at least watch a speedrun. Splatoon offers a lot of interesting movement options that could make for an interesting run.
Imagine the tutorials. "Go up this wall jump 30o then turn around and blast that then go squid and.."

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
i could imagine it being really fun to speedrun if some major shortcuts are found

imagine a speedrunning bracket where you use amiibo for a different weapon, and then a bracket for using just the splattershot

Lyn

Premium
i could imagine it being really fun to speedrun if some major shortcuts are found

imagine a speedrunning bracket where you use amiibo for a different weapon, and then a bracket for using just the splattershot
I imagine there is a lot of shortcuts, since you can use Ink to travel in a lot of odd ways.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Speedruns of this game sound like they'd be a blast to watch, I don't know if I'd have the patience to try doing it myself though.

Reactions: Lyn

KawaiiChao

Full Squid
This isn't really related to speedrunning, but I can see the inkjump in multiplayer being a viable option for clipping out of bounds, because It seems you fly over boundaries when you jump.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
I wouldn't mind watching a speed run, but I can't do speed runs. I've tried in the past and I'm just not good enough at them. :(

Lyn

Premium
I wouldn't mind watching a speed run, but I can't do speed runs. I've tried in the past and I'm just not good enough at them. :(
Hey, it's alright. I'm sure if you try again you'd find you can do very well at them. :)

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
This game does seem to have multiple ways of going about things due to ink.

Really is an interesting mechanic that allows diverse playstyles. So yes, it will be fun to speedrun and to see others speedrun.

Reactions: Lyn

Pinky-Conehead

Inkling
Watching speedruns and speedrunning games is one of my favorite passtimes, and I think Splatoon will make an awesome speeedgame. Definitely going to try and learn it when it comes out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom