Worst Ways to Get Splatted?

Gooling

Genocide Run Squid
NNID
RazorBlaides
This happened to me this morning... I super jumped to one of my teammates, but I didn't notice they were standing on a grate, so I turned into a squid once I landed and fell straight through...

Ashmia

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-5925-5789-2185
You have a fully charged charger shot, and you shoot an enemy facing away from you. You hear a satisfying "PING!" noise indicating you splatted them.

And then they turn into a Kraken and splat you.

HOW?!!
This has happened to me multiple times, and it really sucks!

I think one of the worst ways is getting splatted right after you splat someone else, in particular when it's not by the other person.

For instance, sometimes I'll do a really nice snipe and then my character will shimmy off of the ledge. Then you have that realisation where you remember that they can see you fall on their screen. It's very embarrassing. :p
I do that on Moray Towers a lot, and I feel like they're laughing on their side, like "Haha joke's on you!"

the most embarrassing way to get splat would be by the Fans on Ancho-V Games I haven't seen anyone and I haven't been splatted by them but I know they can splat you :p
Yes! My clan leader got splatted by one of the fans! I would link a picture but it's lost in the Discord chat and I don't feel like digging it out :P

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I once fell off of the Arowana Mall sniper perch and landed perfectly on one of the prongs of an opponent splash wall. I took the most abusive sounding rapid-fire damage and splatted myself shortly after. I DON'T think anyone saw it, but I kind of wish they did. It was pretty great.

97Stephen

Pro Squid
This has happened to me multiple times, and it really sucks!

I do that on Moray Towers a lot, and I feel like they're laughing on their side, like "Haha joke's on you!"

Yes! My clan leader got splatted by one of the fans! I would link a picture but it's lost in the Discord chat and I don't feel like digging it out :p
If you don't mind me asking, how do you get splatted by the fans? I've never had it happen.

Ashmia

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-5925-5789-2185
If you don't mind me asking, how do you get splatted by the fans? I've never had it happen.
I haven't had it happen to me, but I do know if the enemy shoots at the fan, the fan sprays some ink similar to a sprinkler, just not as long lasting. So I believe if you're already damaged and standing next to a fan spraying enemy ink and it hits you, then that's a splat.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
The worst way for me is getting killed by the rainmakers shield. I didn't know it at the time but if the rainmakers shield is racking up damage with your own ink, it still hurts you. Once at port mackerel I splatted someone with the rainmaker and stupidly put myself in a position where I was between a wall and the rainmakers shield. I started shooting the shield, it expanded and I got squished in. Worst part of it was that the person who I splatted watched me in my stupidity on the killcam and once I got splatted they probably thought " Wow what an idiot....".

Also it sucks when you've activated your bubbler or kraken and somehow you still get splatted even though you're supposed to be invincible at that time.

Last edited:

YOJOEHOJO

Inkling
NNID
YOJOEHOJO
I, more often than I should, back into a ledge that drops off into water. It gets me so aggravated when it happens too, because I usually am doing so to GET AWAY from being splatted.

Once, I fell off of Walleye Warehouse. Yes, that is possible.
I'm curious to know more, it sounds like an interesting story.

GirlyMii

Senior Squid
NNID
Miipopal
By running into a splash wall lol

My all time favorite is when the rainmaker is by your base, surrounded by opposing team, you grab the rainmaker and throw yourself into the water. You then realize you didn't grab the rainmaker(your teammate did) and you died an embarrassing death hahaha

Last edited:

Doof

Inkling
NNID
MonobearTheater
I don't know why, but I feel very silly when I get squished by rollers. Now, that is normal in Turf Wars because some kids don't realize they can splat you with the ink the rollers lob and that rolling you over isn't the only way to kill with them...

But when it happens in Ranked against other Lv.40-50 players.... yeah, getting steamrolled isn't very fun.

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
A few other ways I remembered:

A bad day on Moray Towers with not only chargers, but falling off the ledges constantly like there's candy down there.

Also, Tower Control with Kraken on the ready. Riding the tower with Kraken activated. Get sniped by a charger to bump me off the map.

Hear a bomb being tossed. Not visible until I run into it the moment it pops into camera view and blowing up to splat me. Worse if it's Suction Bomb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom