Zapfish Academy: Trip to Octo Valley! ( IC Thread)

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
Zappy remained slouched over on the table, sadly sipping her-or rather, Zawlt's- juice. She couldn't believe her computer had crashed. She couldn't believe she had made a new friend - and then blew it. Trying not to look at Zawlt, afraid that there would be anger in his eyes, she put everything glumly back in her bag and pulled out a dictionary, which she immediately became immersed in. She had always loved leafing through the somewhat dusty pages of a dictionary, it brought comfort to her. She had forgotten all about the incident...

...?

*sigh*

@Zawlt owo)b

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Well at least they are both interested. Lucas thought as the panel changed.
In the video, the panel showed a lime green male Inkling and the orange female Inkling outside, but not in the rain.
"
Takano?" It was Lucas's voice that followed along with the words on the screen. "Didn't you bring an umbrella?"
The orange female inkling, named Takano had a slightly surprised look on her face, and quietly thought;
It's my classmate Sugawara. I haven't really spoken to him before...
@Coerulus @ayyumeme

ayyumeme

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ayumithenerd
Switch Friend Code
SW-5520-7678-0216
Neri listened intently, watching as more text appeared on the screen. She was able to pick out Lucas' voice in the fandub after only one word was spoken.
@MacSmitty @Coerulus

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
After some thought he unfortunately couldn't think of anything that he could do to make her feel better. He uncrossed his arms and let out a sigh coincidentally at the same time Zaps did, but he didn't notice. He then just reached into his backpack nearby, grabbed a pencil & notebook, and just started to just draw random doodles. In most cases he would've played Evil Apples on his phone, but it died earlier in the day.

@⭐Zapfish⭐

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
The fandub continued, showing a new panel of Sugawara handing Takano a umbrella.
"I'll lend it to you." Sugawara/Lucas said, putting on a waterproof clear suit that would protect him from the rain.
"
Huh?"
"
I can just run." After this there were sounds of footsteps, and while the boy's politeness was a nice thing, him running in the rain backfired, as he slipped and fell into the ground face first with a cry of pain.
In the next panel, Sugawara and Takano are sharing the umbrella, with Sugawara blushing and looking completely uncomfortable while Takano still had the same facial expression since the start.
"
There wasn't a chance to refuse." Takano thought. "We decided to walk half the way together."
@Coerulus @ayyumeme

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( @⭐️Zapfish⭐️ @Zawlt @MacSmitty @Zerul @ayyumeme @TACarbuncle and @Coerulus ))

The announcements beeped its signature loud double-beep. After the beep, the voice of a nasal-voiced, nervous-sounding kid started to speak.

“Uh… Hello, this is-- no, that’s dumb. This is a notice for er… a trip to Octo Valley! Happening next week, it’s a trip to the O-Octarian museum of, well, generally everything. It’ll take everyone who goes to Dome… number oh-three.” He awkwardly said, as if he was reading off a paper. In reality, he probably was. “O-oh and one more thing… sorry if this is taking too long. The teachers going to accompany the students are--”

The boy was interrupted by the lunch bell signalling that lunch was over, chiming three times, everyone, some slowly, others quickly, gathered up their stuff and started heading to their 3rd class of the day.

“...tour guide is Aria, and that wraps up the announcements. I guess?” The nasal kid finished on a slightly confused note.

Soon, the students of Mr. Porta’s class turned up. Arriving in to see the elderly Jellyfish furiously wiping away at the board. If one looked closely, they could see a derogatory remark to Mr. Porta. He turned his head to look at the kids, smiling before looking back at the remark. His efforts were in vain and he simply gave up with a quiet grumbling blurble, turning to the class.

“Hello everyone! I hope you all had a nice lunch, as you can see,” he glanced back to the string of curse-words on his board in permanent marker, “I did not have the best possible lunch.”

The students simply watched him quietly, waiting for him to get on with the lesson.

“I know that you all must be wondering what that boy said on the announcements. I tried to understand him past his…, frankly, horrid voice. It was like they just picked the first student that bumbled past the office... The teachers leading this particular group is Coach Forge, now I know some of you may not be on the best of terms with him but still, don’t let that tarnish a unique and fantastic visit! And I, Mr. Jebediah Porta, will be leading a group!” He continued on, “I’m quite excited to see you all in Octo Valley experiencing their culture.”

He looked over at Zerul, “even if you lived there originally.”

“Now, I assume you all must be full of questions.” He seemed absolutely jubilant by the idea of the field trip. “I’ll do my best to answer them.” He tacked on, mentally preparing himself for the amount of questions that may be thrown his way.

(( Q/A of the Intro sequence to the Trip to Octo Valley! By the way @MacSmitty Get interrupted, boy. ))

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul listens to the announcement but when the bell rang he got his things and headed to the next class. Upon entering the class he notices the teacher trying his hardest to remove the profanity off of his white board. "When you get a chance try some WD-40 it will help clean the board." He goes to his usual spot and once everyone was in the teacher spoke about the announcement that was cut off by the bell. When he was called out he recoiled a bit.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
(Curse your role as GM from preventing to get even Rustic! I will make you pay...)
Lucas paused the video at beginning of the announcement, frowning. "Ah man... just when it was starting to get good..."
Listening to the announcement and trying to retch at the boy's nasally voice, his ears perked when he heard Octo Valley.
"
Sorry guys. I'll show you the rest of the fandub some other time..." Lucas says a bit annoyed while grabbing his things and heading off to class.
Heading to Mr. Porta's classroom, he saw the Jellyfish scrubbing a degrogarty remark to him, and at the sight of both, he hid his face in his shirt in order to stiffle his snicker, as it was a bit funny and it reminded him of his early days of coping with his stunted growth issue.
Listening to the announcement explained in full detail, the sky blue Inkling looked down at his desk rather fiercely in deep thought.

Are we even going to be safe there? Have racial tensions even been settled there? Lucas thought. He knew better than to ask these questions out loud, as he didn't want make himself seen as a complete inkhole.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola chuckled nervously as she listened to the announcement, trying to keep light-hearted. She had a feeling deep down things might go wrong, considering how the trip to Camp Triggerfish started, but she wanted to seem like she had no problem with it. Despite this, her paled hair told her real feelings." Well, this should be interesting." She said, sitting at her desk.

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
He let out an 'aww' when the bell rung and finished up the last of his drink before putting everything away. "Sounds good, Lucas. Can't wait to see the rest." he spoke as he stood, trying hard to listen to the kid's voice on the intercom but all things considered, they would get a better explanation in class. Once there, he took his seat and looked up to Mr. Porta as he explained the field trip. He hummed thoughtfully at the idea of the trip but at the same time, he knew well his parents would worry. "Hopefully dad won't try to come as a chaperone when I mention it to them..." he murmured, resting his head on his propped hand.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Coerulus @TACarbuncle @MacSmitty @Zerul

"My, I thought you would have been excited about a field trip to Octo Valley!" Mr. Porta frown when he looked at the kids who acted as though they were going to a morgue instead of a trip. "Instead, you're all looking terribly worried."

He 'hmm'd' quietly, "it makes no sense you were all so eager to welcome an Octoling into our school, but now when given the chance to see his home. Everyone is afraid! Sense does not make from this."

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul stands up. "Why shouldn't they be worried? for years Octarian has hated Inklings. For this trip to suddenly happen is a bit concerning. When I was there last a good majority that were ok with Inklings left for Inkopolis. while the others that stayed behind harbored a deep hatred of inklings. I doubt it would be a good idea to go there even if the school took every measure to ensure all students were safe."

@Rustic
(Your move bossman!)

Rustic

Inkling Commander
"And wouldn't the very same thought go for you? I doubt you're here because of some change of heart from your superiors because looking at your fancy suit I doubt they would let that go, more or less when you first arrived you had the look of an escapee believing that he had bumbled into yet another cage! Looking around worriedly as though he was afraid of everything and everyone." He pointed out, continuing on,"Likewise with the Inklings. Didn't they hate the Octarians as well?" Mr. Porta asked, "if I may speak frankly, if things were to have happened differently. Would you be here?

But look what happened, Zapfish Academy accepted you and almost all of the teachers don't mind your presence, sometimes even welcoming it. I believe Lydia--oh, she doesn't appear to be here but still she let you live with her family, that speaks wonders." Mr. Porta replied to the insubordinate, angry Octoling. He huffed and crossed his arms, wondering why he would think such things. "Not to mention, this school isn't just for Inklings and Octarians. But Jellyfish, Anemones, and Crustaceans too. Would they be caught in this 'cross-fire' that you believe will happen, just because they're guilty by association?"

@Zerul

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul stood his ground. "You think some of them care about those in the crossfire? I was in the R&D section and i have seen them use those caught in the crossfire as a means to put down any fight against them. You may not know what they are capible of but i do know that a lot of them would shoot another octarain just to get the chance to kill an inkling!" He looks at his classmates. "Inkling and Octarains may have been the big reason for the war but in Octovalley the deep boiling hatred for inklings was litteraly taught to everyone who was born there. I myself at one point hated the inkling but I opened my own eye and saw the truth behind the stuipid turf war from 100 years ago!" He looks back at the teacher. "Trust me i dont like the odd of this trip being sucessful by any streach of the imagination."

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas's eyes darkened at what Zerul said as he and Mr. Porta were having their discussion. Damn. Just as I feared. Racial tensions between Octolings and Inklings haven't been completely resolved yet in Octo Valley, and if Zerul's right, we may be attacked by terrorists or anti-Inkling Octolings. This trip is bad idea...
But... He thought while tightly clenching his fist, I can bring some of my prank materials and weapons to use if we get attacked, and if they try hurting someone, I'll hospitalize them.

ayyumeme

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ayumithenerd
Switch Friend Code
SW-5520-7678-0216
Neri quietly stepped into the classroom, praying that no one would notice her as she took a seat in the back row. She sighed quietly and folded her hands in her lap, nervously looking down at the floor below her. Is this trip safe? We won't run into any hostile Octarians...will we? Of course, the mention of that trip only made her more of a nervous wreck than she already was as she pondered what she could do to make the situation the slightest bit better. Maybe she should bring a weapon or at least something to defend herself with.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"Well, at least we know Coach is a really good fighter?" Viola said, trying to ease tensions a bit.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Zerul
(( As a response to what he said, simultaneously contradicting what he said, I am forcing you to go. Otherwise, you'll be out of the Scene and are no longer able to participate in Zapfish Academy until the scene ends. Just sayin' c; ))

Mr. Porta seemed like a balloon fit to burst, stepping forward towards Zerul. "if you don't want to go You don't have to. No one's forcing you to. And if you're stuck in such a fit about going there, then--"

He closed his eyes, stopping himself mid-sentence, before looking Zerul dead in the eye. "It seems... I let my temper best me." He admitted, quietly stepping back behind his desk and sat down. "My apologies, but... remember what I said. You don't have to go if you don't want to. It's just... that I want to see Octo Valley, even if it's a bad travel spot, at least in your thoughts."

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul sits back down it seemed he was probably going to be forced into it even if he didn't want to go. He looks over at the other students and they were clearly worried.

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
The announcement startled Zappy, who, unbeknownst to Zawlt, had a phone charger in her bag and had been intently watching him doodle. She had the urge to help him learn how to draw.

"Octo valley!" Zappy exclaimed. "This is gonna be exciting!"

@Zawlt (and basically everyone else because yea)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom