3 Tips vs The Splat Roller

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Tip 1. Use any other weapon.

Just kidding, but honestly they don't have too much range and apparently a lot of people on Tumblr think it's legitimately unfair?

MrRoidley

Full Squid
Those are nice tips, gonna keep them in mind.
I also heard you can jump over the Rollers, never tested it myself but it sounds helpful

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Rollers are good, but not OP. My tactic is to swim in my team's ink around them to get behind them, then shoot or throw a ink bomb.

Cheezey Bites

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Koske1
Rollers are imho the worst weapon in the demo they're really really obvious on the map so you can quickly look down and hunt them out if they're actually doing any turf damage. The splat charger is really effective as they can kill at distance and normally leave straight lines you can tap fire to cover most of, but even the splatter-shots can outmaneuver them, especially as you can see where they are on the map and plan prior to engaging them. It's pretty well balanced all the same, but people complaining about them are under utilizing the real-time map.

Their Super Weapon though is pretty great though, so I'll give them that, even if I personally prefer the Bubbler.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
Rollers are EASY to take out. Just about any other ranged weapon counters that weapon. They are good at turf war if you leave them alone. But if you focus them down, they won't be able to lay down ink like they should. Also, the Killer Wail is easy to avoid. I don't ever recall dying to it.

Ionasal

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Otokonohime
Use Splatter shot and have the ability to aim.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
After the second testfire, I've been taking out Rollers, 360 No Scope.

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
Roller seemed unstoppable at first but by the end of the first testfire it seemed like my opponents knew how to deal with them. I really want more time with the game!

lightdasher

Pro Squid
Projectile seems a little too powerful for what it is, but besides that, I pretty much just bait them into running at me and then activate my shield, or if I don't have the shield I usually squid away and shoot

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
I don't see Rollers being useful in other modes like Splat Zones or that Payload esque game that comes out later. They seem like really good support in those modes though, giving teammates more space to work with and picking of other players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom