• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 4.3.1 Slayer weapon tierlist

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
Hey everyone, it's me again!

I was browsing through the internet looking for people's opinions on different weapons whose playstyles match that of the general slayer position used in competitive play. While I managed to find tons of tierlists on this site, I couldn't find any that only tackled weapons who had the same similar play style.

As a player who generally only mains slayer weapons, and has had quite some time with them, I've decided to compile my slayer weapon tierlist for the current metagame in S+8 - X rank.

Here's what the different tiers mean:

S: Game-breakingly good, played in every competitive team comp without fail (like how the tri-slosher was when the game first launched)
A: Extremely good weapons, used heavily in most competitive team comps. Come with good kits and fulfil their role very well within the team.
B: Good weapons, are most definitely usable in non-competitive play, and can still pull of impressive feats when in the right hands. However, there are weapons that fulfil these weapon's roles better, so if you want the best possible performance, it would be better to stick to A rank weapons.
C: Bellow-average weapons, mismatched sub and special kits, or underwhelming primary weapons. It is definitely advised to avoid using these weapons, could do with a small buff.
D: Broken and basically useless in the current meta-game of Splatoon 2, needs a rework and major buff urgently.

(+ ranked are towards the upper levels of the tier, and - ranked are towards the bottom)

Criticism is highly encouraged! Feel free to bring your own tierlists (preferably of slayer weapons, but idk)

I will update the tierlist with your feedback, thank you!
Yours,
Nerdbird
Splatoon 2 slayer weapon tierlist.jpg

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
At least half of these weapons aren't slayers. Tetras, Undercover, Carbon, Bamboo, Goober, and so many more of the weapons on this list fit much better in the Skirmisher or Utility category.

Also, the term "broken" basically means overpowered. You list broken as a descriptor for D tier.

Last edited:

Squidilicious

Inkster Jr.
The kensa splattershot is for sure one of the strongest slayer weapons right now. Maybe not the best but definitely not C tier. I don't think the tentatek is stronger than the kensa anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom