• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

8 Players Per Squad Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
In my squad Ender’s Jeesh, I have multiple formations planned out and almost ready to go. In the future, however, I have to improvise some of them according to the people I meet, what weapons they roll with, and just how many people are calling to me. Right now no one has come to me, but that is fine (around August time traffic should pick up.) With eight players, although just one more player seems like hardly a good enough, I can have more weapon variety. What if the eighth person I pick happens to be an excellent Blaster? What if that was exactly what I was looking for to be prepared for all the formations I had planned out? This all seems like a huge WHAT IF, but sometimes, you just need room. Another exciting prospect of having eight players on a single squad is how tournaments will be able to progress. Let’s say that Apex was suddenly hosting Splatoon as a side event, but the clock was ticking, and you needed to make some progress if you wanted to stay in the tournament. Why not have two games going at once? You could easily split your group of eight squids into two groups of four squids, and have them battle at the same time. No spectator likes to wait for hours just to see his/her favorite player or team get on stage. The human brain is incredibly complex and I have met a great number of people with a great number of different ideas. No matter what, another individual, beautiful human mind should always be welcome, both strategically and socially. Practice Skirmishes can make the entire squad as a whole gain much more experience. The skirmishes allow you to see weaknesses in a formation you are running, or a bad habit that a certain squad member has. Correction, correction, correction. It’s a whole lot less boring than basketball class! An idea I have for which is called “peeping” can gain an advantage from this. (Don’t worry; it isn’t what it sounds like.) If you can somehow have one of your teammates look at the map in real time as the battle is happening, you can be aware of a great number of things going on in the battle. This includes, enemy ambushes, enemy formations, weak links needed strengthening on key points on the battlefield, and more. All of which can be done by looking at how the opponents ink’s growing and where. Conclusion? Although these are just my opinions, I think we should have 8 players per squad instead of seven. Post your thoughts too, if you want.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
Too much text. Great opportunity for healthy discussion.

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Ideally I would prefer it if we could keep discussion that arose on one thread, to that specific thread. It's much easier for everyone if all the discussion stays there, it's easier to track the feedback they're looking for. Extra threads are unnecessary and as a side note it'd be easy for your to cut down your word count if you're worried about post size. You've got quite a lot of filler in there that isn't 100% necessary to get your point across.

It's great that we have good and detailed discussion but please post on the thread in question. It just makes everything much easier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom