• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 96 deco may be the brella's counter weapon.

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
Let's not jump to conclusions though

With the wall it protects from all shots and the weapons damage does significantly enough to take down even the undercover brella

Leave your thoughts on gear abilities and opinions about this new weapon

Last edited:

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
I don't know if I can agree with that claim. I've mained the brellas since the beginning of time and fought numerous .96 decos and it feels even-ish with Splat Brella in slight favor.

.96 Deco may have the power and defensive capabilities, but it still has a bad fire-rate, awful ink consumption and the RNG dependent shots doesn't help either. Splat Brella can strafe the shots fairly easy and the shield prevents you from taking damage from Splashdown. Tenta can use Bubble Blower + launch the shield to pop the bubbles easily and it has a very strong shield. While Undercover is fast enough to avoid the shots and you can just press ZR instead of holding it to save your shield and it doesn't break as easily. Plus if the opponent uses Splashdown, you can pull up your shield and counter them with another Splashdown afterwards.

I would say the true brella counters are blasters/sloshers since their shots can go around the shields and the brellas have a mediocre fire-rate and Bamboozler since it can destroy shields easily and it's very hard to avoid half charged shots.

Last edited:

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
Just neeed the gear abilities to keep it going against brellas and how you can get pures and perfects now is just wow

For undercover brella if only damage up was here:(

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Just neeed the gear abilities to keep it going against brellas and how you can get pures and perfects now is just wow

For undercover brella if only damage up was here:(
Ink Saver Main is top priority imo because of how much gals eat up ink.
Ink Saver Sub isn't bad either to save ink for Splash Walls.
Ink Recovery Up for the same reason for ISM.
Object Shredder is a nice niche but isn't necessary at all.
Special Power Up for better Splashdown kills.
Sub Power Up increases the durability for walls but it's not a priority either.

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
Thank you now I know what gear to use;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom