A+ Rank tips, the How to.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Not sure what beating up on C and B level players to rank up again proves, other than avoiding playing consistently in the A+ rank, where things are much more competitive.
I like making new accounts and only using a certain weapon type I'm not used to during rank up. More challenging and keeps the game fresh. It has nothing to do with "beating up" on anyone as I am trying to "git gud" with the weapon myself. I do tend to get easy kills on lower levels but its not the reason I play.

Hello people, i have not been here very long but in-game i'm a force to be reckoned with. I'v achieved A+ rank 3 times now.( If you want to know about "De-ranking" use F3 and Find the De-ranking section.) One with the Roller, my 1st ever attempt, one with a splattershot Jr, and the carbon roller; and Currently working on the Luna blaster. Now let me be frank, i never change weapons when i'm rushing to A+ and i'm a good player threw and threw, but i'm not the best, i have flaws and i make mistakes from time to time. there are better players out there and i congrats them for that. With that out of the way, lets begin

De-Ranking.​
before i tell you about this, this is bad. i hated doing this and its not very helpful to your teammates at all. its degrading yourself and your team.

in ranked and turf, if u wait at spawn doing nothing ( no aiming down, no moving, nothing) for 1 min, you will automatically be booted from the lobby. thus considering as a loss and ur rank will go down, do this constantly till your back down to C- this takes a long time, and u may never get back to A+ again, but hey, you have done it once, you can do it again... right?

hope these help!

This Thread will be updated soon, got to sleepy to finish it.
Another unsolicited advice thread of "I'm an A+ player so now I'm going to tell everyone how to play the game". If someone asks for tips its one thing but I'm just LOLing at how people want to tell people what they are doing wrong all the time. I've reached A+ but I haven't caught the virus that apparently makes A+'ers want to assert their ego all over the board.

Also how can you give advice and refer to them as "you lower levels" when you openly admit you avoid playing certain stages. If someone is going to brag about being a A+ rank shouldn't they be a A+ player on all the maps?

Please, please do not de-rank by means of purposely disconnecting. This is such a jerky move, make a new account it will save you time and you wont loose Karma points by leaving your teammates in a lurch.

What am I reading? @_@
This. So much this.

Wingman

Inkling
NNID
TheTrueWingman
I haven't made it into A rank yet, but I main the Luna Blaster and it almost feels like this guy is trying to sabotage people against his current main.

"Don't use Defense Ups" - The Luna is HEAVILY impacted by enemies with DUs, it's the difference between a 2HK and 3HK from indirect hits, it's a life or death difference.

"Hide on the walls" - These people are fodder for the Luna. I'm constantly firing shots to grab some extra meter from uneven ink coverage. If an enemy is hiding on the wall in a ink blot while I'm doing this, I'm going to spot them when they get caught by the splash and they're very unlikely to get away. This is especially true at choke points, I never enter a choke point or round a corner without firing a shot first.

"Don't help your teammates" - Groups are very dangerous for Blasters. You might get a direct hit and OHK one of them, but now everyone else knows where you are, and you have a nice ink path leading right to you. No matter how much range they have, solo enemies are incredibly easy to approach with the right technique, my only fear in such a situation is one of their teammates coming to assist.

"Jump away from Inkzookas and other specials" - If I'm using my Inkzooka, it's because my back is to the wall and I just want you gone. If you jump back to the spawn, rather than making an attempt to run to cover, it just makes my life easier. If I don't have to take the time to shoot you, it saves me more time to shoot others and attempt to cover ground.

"Don't use Ninja Squid" - Unlike some Shooters, it is often easier to splat diving enemies than standing with Blasters and especially the Luna. They cover a solid circle on the ground below the burst, anything caught diving inside of it is in trouble. Even more so if they aren't going full speed.

What am I reading? @_@
this is a picture of me preforming the same action that ninja squid dose

the silver line to this, no ability is really effective. the only one that seems to be somewhat useful is ninja jump and that's pushing it.

this little guild-line is so simple

I think I found him.

Chewi

Full Squid
NNID
IronChefCanada
I like making new accounts and only using a certain weapon type I'm not used to during rank up. More challenging and keeps the game fresh. It has nothing to do with "beating up" on anyone as I am trying to "git gud" with the weapon myself. I do tend to get easy kills on lower levels but its not the reason I play.
Why not try the new weapons out in turf war for a few games, then jump back over to ranked once you get a feel for it? Practicing in C-B rooms won't really give a good estimate of how it will fare in A+.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
This is false - there are a few weapons for which a single defence up will raise their shots-to-splat, e.g., 52 Gal, and Splash-o-matic.
Doesn't Defense UP also reduce the damage you take in enemy ink? It says damage from ALL sources.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Why not try the new weapons out in turf war for a few games, then jump back over to ranked once you get a feel for it? Practicing in C-B rooms won't really give a good estimate of how it will fare in A+.
Goal of turf and ranked modes are different. Players are all over the map in turf vs in a certain area/path in ranked. How you fare with a weapon in turf doesn't mean you will fair the same in ranked.

Also the anal OCD child in me thinks its a fun challenge to make a new account for each weapon/weapon type and try to go from C- to A+ with it solely. If I learn the weapon well enough I will get up to A+ with it.

EsoTeRiC

Inkster Jr.
Dang bro, squidboards tore you apart.
Not learning your match ups IS a bad idea if I kept that mentality I would still be getting splatted left and right by rollers or fallings off Moray towers every 30 seconds. The Weaknesses you have is what should be worked on the hardest.

Bobo

Full Squid
NNID
acciojackie
Goal of turf and ranked modes are different. Players are all over the map in turf vs in a certain area/path in ranked. How you fare with a weapon in turf doesn't mean you will fair the same in ranked.

Also the anal OCD child in me thinks its a fun challenge to make a new account for each weapon/weapon type and try to go from C- to A+ with it solely. If I learn the weapon well enough I will get up to A+ with it.
Ah yeah, I made a new account so that I could try out new weapons (mainly chargers) because I suck at them and wanna get good. I don't think it's bad to go against C-B players with a new weapon and once you get the feel for it, just go back to your main. I know I'm still in the B-/B range with chargers so I'm still going at it until I get more comfortable.

Also in regards of making a new account to splat lower levels - the matchmaking does one thing well, making sure people who are really good with a new character get put in lobbies with more skilled players. I got through 5 levels before the game started putting me in a lobby full of level 20s. It's funny to see me as a level 6 and everyone else at level 20.

Also this guide was a terrible read.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
I just read this thread after a massive losing streak. A- 93 to B+70. I see the part about hating a stage, this part I understand but I'm here to play. While I can go recon, turf war or what not. I logged on to play rank games and got stuck with maps I regard in the middle to low bracket of my favoring. Not just the maps, I hate splatzones. Yet I do really well in tower control.

The system really erks me. Why am I waiting four hours for a change in the mode. It's stupidly long. Yes, I could soon make private rooms and just play, but I have no friends and I'm restricted by living in an Asian timezone, I don't speak Japanese or have any contacts to them. Even if I wanted to play with Europeans or American squads, surely my lag would rule me out. I feel really **** when I can't play the mode I want, the maps ok fair enough. I'm so angry right now, I'm here waiting to see if tower control comes up by chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom