• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Advanced Tech Compendium

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
So I seen a lot of question and noticed some player might not know all the advanced tech available in Splatoon so I thought I create a list of them to serve as a definitive (xenoblade did so I can too) guide for new players
Plz list any I may have miss in the comment

Burst cancel: By throwing a burst bomb in the after attack an enemy you can cancel the firing animation of your weapon
*Originally discovered in S1 on the the vanilla bucket

Splatterdash: By quickly tapping zr while jumping out of squid form you can create puddles of ink to sneak through enemy ink or quickly reach a point

Snapping: By hiding your charger behind cover and snapping to your target you give the enemy less chance to react
*OG

Scope cancel: You can cancel the animation of the scope instantly by quickly press the sub button

Sharking: Most noted for hiding in a point with a roller, you can move unnoticed by tapping the control stick lightly to avoid creating ripples (essentially gaining ninja squid)

Hitzeling: discovered by the @Hitzel uses beacon and superjumping (with QSP or Sub up) to quickly maneuver around the battlefield

Sub Strafing: By pressing zr mid swim you can cancel the turnaround animation, good for cornering or changing momentum

Momentun cancel: All your mometum is instantly canceled by a dodge roll so you can your jump or your swim animation by tapping zr and dodge rolling away

PBurst: (Discovered by me)
Explosher has 2 reticles (1 for direct and one for splash), by aiming the main reticle at the center of the enemy and the secondary at the feet you can deal 90 dmg in a single hit

IC4ntSp3ll

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1245-6738-3796
Ledge cancelling (mentioned in a video by Wadsm) : by releasing ZL when going over the top of a claimable surface, you can stop the animation where you shoot over the edge. This can also be achieved by charging a splatling or charger, or firing a shot from a non-cooldown weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom