Am I the only one who wants a Team Splattermatch mode?

Quillion

Inkling
Or Deathmatch, if you prefer.

This should be a part of the RB modes, since it would both require more skill than Turf War and it would appeal more to the traditional crowd.

...they just need to make it available long after release (maybe 5-6 months) so that everyone has enough time to grow to love the main Turf War mode so that it won't immediately eclipse it in popularity.

Ionasal

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Otokonohime
I would probably stick to turf war, but I have a friend who would adore a splattermatch mode.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
More choices is good, but I feel like there's a lack of a kill counter for a reason. It's like Nintendo wanted to drive home that this is unlike any shooter you've seen before by including gamemodes that could only happen in Splatoon. A deathmatch mode could compromise some of that magic, but I could see it happening later down the line once people have firmly got the idea that Splatoon is something else.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
You're not the only one. I see a lot of calls for a deathmatch mode.

I don't think we're going to get that, though--it's kind of against the spirit of the game. Every mode is about controlling territory, not specifically defeating your enemies in combat.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
No. TDM is just boring in my opinion. Not only that, but people would just flock to that game mode.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I want it, honestly. It would definitely make the game better and honestly I was really hoping to see it in the direct but we don't seem to be getting a lot of gamemodes. :(

Deku

Senior Squid
NNID
Rolandd
It would be fun, but, I doubt it. At least not a straight up death match. What might work is to make a mode where killing is more rewarding. Like a mode where you explode more in the opposite color of ink (like a huge area), or certain areas of the map open up only if you have enough kills.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Everyone's kill counts do show up at the end of the match, so you could have a makeshift deathmatch mode with friends if you really want. :P

Quillion

Inkling
What if a deathmatch mode involves scoring with both turf and splatters?

The team with the most turf gets an advantage in points while the rest is decided with splatters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom