• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Ammo Knights Scrapyard: Custom Wepons/ Weapon Variants

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I am a big fan of Splatoon, it has such a wide variety of tools and weapons for Splatoon that all feel unique and bring so many different way to play the game.

Sadly though this rarely cross over to the weapon variants, most time sadly these are just a palette swap with a different kits.

So today I decided to set up this scrapyard to put together some interesting weapon concepts for the staples of the franchise.

***To make it more interesting I will have a description of each weapon like the Ammo knights of old from an NPC-esque perspective. As well an personal explaination behind why I think it would be an interesting editon****

Hi there and welcome to the scrapyard I am so glad you could make it to the opening Let's hit the drawing board with a few scraps I have been working I can't wait to show you what we got in store!!!

Heavy Squeezer:
The squeezer has always been a unique weapon but I thought it could be taken a bit further...by making a heavy duty long range threat
The Heavy Squeezer would have a drastically slower firerate than it vanilla version firing more like a .96 gal when taping.
However when you hold the heavy squeezer it would become a semi quick short range charger (probaly eith a charge range between a squiffer or vanilla charger) that can one shot opponents by firing its cork at high speeds

The squeezer usually problem is it is a shooter with other shooter that just can easily do its job better by having it focus more on its unique tapfire mechanic and buffing it dps with a OHKO

Sponge Dynamo Roller
This weapon is very unique unlike most roller which can paint over the map this roller will act like the cleaners we have seen in story mode and absorb ink
Once it fills up it will swing quick aoe burst from its vertical and horizontal swings
However without enemy ink it will work just like a regular dynamo roller

Splatoon is very momentun based and can at times result in quickly getting stomped or spawn camped (Well probbaly not so easy in S3) so having a weapon that can have a comeback mechanic would be both unqiue and possibly practical

Chemcial explosher
Original an attempt to fuse a bomb rush with an explosher that went horribly right
This weapon cannot toss it sub weapons but will rather fire them from the explosher itself by holding RB while firing at a slightly reduced ink cost...

I always wondered what a grenade launching bucket would look like and that is how I came up with this idea
Due to it firing from the weapon it will have more range and a greater arc...however this also comes with the downside of being more reactable....however for a weapon that can lay down tons of aoe it would be a good way to make up for the weapon slow fire rate with increased unpredictability

Shot tuber
sometimes accidents happen the guys in the lab accidentally put a brella nozzle on a charger this charger no long fires a straight line but rather fire a burst horizontal shot this weapon is now a close range terror that few want to be on the recieving end of

Conceptually having a charger usually means you are either gonna be hiding in a handful of spot hoping a roer doesn't find you or being really sneaky with your angles to hit the enemy team from unexpeted places. But the idea of a aggressive short range charger that can make use of storing charges to play with their team sounds like tons of fun

Perplexing Bamboozler
This Bamboozler is genuinely confusing for some odd reason this old relic seems to be able to store a charge and then fire two shots at once
It is not as accurate as your typical Bamboozler but a squid who can figure it out will surely be a helpful asset to any team

Again I have been curious as to letting a weapon have a stored charge on hold against a sneak attack while continuing to use their regular attack to pick away an enemy team
Of all of these the Bamboozler would be the one that could both benefit from this as well as drastically shifting its playstyle to being less a never stop tap charging to tactically storing charges to be a OHKO or cover more turf

Anyways now that the scrapyard is open feel free to share you innovations! plus I don't mind any help with editing my current scraps to make them more useful!
There are no bad ideas...but we have had a few explosions here and there so uhh....be careful!

pio_dov

Pro Squid
Unbound Goo Tuber-
Works completely different than a normal Goo Tuber. Someone accidentally unwrapped it, and now it works like an ink-spraying flail. Hold the bottom end in one and the end with the nozzle in another. When you attack, your character thrusts the nozzle end forwards and around themself like a flail. It can also attack much quicker now that your ink doesn't have to go through the loop-d-loops of a wrapped up hose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom