And if Splatoon teams had a lot more than just 4 squiddos with giant maps?

Feryn Hyrk

Full Squid
I know that the currently format of Turf Wars (4x4) has been established for ages according to ingame's sunken scroll lore, but young squiddos are the future. Would you like to see a giant map with somethng like 11 inkling on each side for an epic battle?

Of course, not counting in hardware limitations, and for sure it would have to be offline wich is fairly ok.

What is the number of players each teams should have for you? Of course, there woul be bigger splat zones too and maybe big towers or even multiple towers!!

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
I know that the currently format of Turf Wars (4x4) has been established for ages according to ingame's sunken scroll lore, but young squiddos are the future. Would you like to see a giant map with somethng like 11 inkling on each side for an epic battle?

Of course, not counting in hardware limitations, and for sure it would have to be offline wich is fairly ok.

What is the number of players each teams should have for you? Of course, there woul be bigger splat zones too and maybe big towers or even multiple towers!!
The devs mentioned with more team mates it felt like you didn't contribute much to battle but with less team mates it felt like their was too much responsibility on yourself. Maybe in a different mode, but not for any of the established modes right now. We do know most if not all of the beta stages were huge compared to what we ended up getting.

Feryn Hyrk

Full Squid
The devs mentioned with more team mates it felt like you didn't contribute much to battle
Well, the idea is that the map would be A LOT bigger, in a sense of achieve the same results, but with that giant team feel.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
8v8 mode would be great, I love BTB modes.

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
I would like a mode like that especially with how big kelp dome and camp triggerfish is. I also like the idea of 8 players defending against of horde of enemies.

Hitzel

Inkling Commander
NNID
Hitzel
With the way ink spread works, BTB sounds kinda not fun. I fear that your success would be based on if opponents randomly happen to shut off your ability to move with ink. It makes a lot of sense to me that the devs said that BTB in this game feels like you have no control over the game.

Of course there's also population issues. If you think that there are problems with lag, balanced lobbies, search times, etc, then you probably wouldn't want to play this game if it had an additional BTB mode.

E-Liter Elite

Senior Squid
NNID
DroseraC
It would definitely have to be a special game mode. Even one that had special rules on ink, or what win conditions were.

Personally, I've always felt that less is more when it comes to competition. A four or five man team works perfect with how people function in groups. Too many and you lose familiarity with your teammates and feel less cohesive. Too few and the amount of responsibility each member takes on becomes burdensome.

If you want a team of 8, I'd think the best type of mode would be PvE. Like 8 players against 8 Elite, overpowered Octolings on special maps that advantage the CPU either on ground or with extra support from other CPUs from the campaign.

That way, you'd avoid some of the issues of just oversizing any of the current modes of play, put in something unique and still sate any thirst for larger scale battles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom