• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Any good weapons or strats for Tower Control?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I've seen loads of people succeed in Tower Control with mid-range weapons, the tentatek, .52 gal, .96 deco, slosher deco, and the berry pro. These weapons have a good mix of defense and offense, and they're not too rare to see on the tower.
Not saying they don't pop up or that they aren't viable, saying that the options I did mention seem to be far more frequent in that mode from my experiences. Also, I'd say the .96 and the Berry qualify as long range :P

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I will admit this is mainly my personal choice but I feel squiffer are amazing in Tower Control, the classic help locate enemies and allows for team pushes with bubbler (but has to be properly spaced due to no sub support.The new (one of my favorite weapons) has mines for controlling the tower and splatting overeager player in OT and inkzooka to push back Ranged enemies rushers. Lastly the fresh squiffer has suction bombs which if placed right makes peeking hard for enemy chargers and kraken for last minute pushes and attacking the tower
All of this plus their quick OHKO makes them really good for TC. However you need practice with this weapon or else you will be of no help.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Also, I'd say the .96 and the Berry qualify as long range :p
I don't personally qualify those weapons as long range because I use chargers frequently, and weapons like those outrange the .96 and the berry significantly, but whatever, that's my opinion.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
I don't personally qualify those weapons as long range because I use chargers frequently, and weapons like those outrange the .96 and the berry significantly, but whatever, that's my opinion.
The problem is the only long ranged shooter is technically the Jet Squelcher and the CJS, and those weapons are long ranged considering they beat our the Rapid Blaster Pro and go twice as far as the Tentetek and such. .96 Gal (deco), (Custom) Dual Squelcher, (Berry) (Forge) Splattershot Pro, (Cherry) H-3 Nozzelnose (D), and the (Custom) Jet Squelcher are all long ranged weapons in my opinion.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
So where's that leave the Squiffer and Bamboozler in your mind, which have relatively equal range compared to these other weapons? Kinda sounds like you're discounting half the charger class of weapons.
LS2X7tC.png

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
So where's that leave the Squiffer and Bamboozler in your mind, which have relatively equal range compared to these other weapons? Kinda sounds like you're discounting half the charger class of weapons.
View attachment 4569
These I would say are mid-ranged weapons. Just because they are completely eaten up by the splatterscope and E-liter families. Meanwhile, weapons like the jet squelcher and the hydra splatling have a bit more wiggle room to retaliate back. Also, even as a charger main, I barely ever compare the bamboozler or the squelchers for that matter to the Splatterscopes, let alone the E-liter line. It's mostly because of range issues, and the two families have very different kits. As the new squiffer has an inkzooka, something a long range weapon would never need. Meanwhile, the custom E-liter has beacons, something that really wouldn't help a non-long ranged charger.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
I have seen this trick before it is a great tool for pushing tower especially near the end but there are a few problem with this ability

First, It requires coordination the players need stealth jump w/ quick respawn or (superjump) to take full advantage of it, and honestly this isn't going to happen in solo- queue unless they have also heard or used this trick themselves
Second, You will be one player down for the duration making it a 3 v 4, and the surprise won't last for long, and if the player falls or is splatted while hiding on the wall it kinda mitigates the usefulness
If you do plan on doing this do it either with a good squad or in solo queue to get those last few feet to win (though again it not always guaranteed to work)

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I have seen this trick before it is a great tool for pushing tower especially near the end but there are a few problem with this ability

First, It requires coordination the players need stealth jump w/ quick respawn or (superjump) to take full advantage of it, and honestly this isn't going to happen in solo- queue unless they have also heard or used this trick themselves
Second, You will be one player down for the duration making it a 3 v 4, and the surprise won't last for long, and if the player falls or is splatted while hiding on the wall it kinda mitigates the usefulness
If you do plan on doing this do it either with a good squad or in solo queue to get those last few feet to win (though again it not always guaranteed to work)
Yeah, this is a niche strategy at best, it would probably work well if you pushed to a certain point and tried to defend it from there. But still, the surprise doesn't last too long, and if you keep stealth jump chaining, the opponents will (if they're somewhat decent) adjust to your tactics and camp the tower.

Besides, even if they don't know the trick themselves, they'll just assume your team is chaining jumps and counter it. So, your team should probably space your jumps out and wait before you keep jumping to the tower. Other than that, it would be pretty cool to have a krak-on roller that can jump onto the tower without any warning, and be able to kill all the enemies. If stealth jump didn't get nerfed this strategy would be way too OP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom