• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Anyone feel like proofreading?

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
I'm thinking of starting a blog or otherwise publishing some of my school essays online. Would anyone here be interested in looking them over to make sure the spelling/grammar is up to the internet's unparalleled standards? Also, since they're school essays, they may be a bit dry. I'd love for someone to provide some feedback on how to make them more reader-friendly and entertaining. The average person probably doesn't want to sit through heavy academic reading if they're checking blogs.

Splat God

Inkling
NNID
Bluntson
I'm thinking of starting an online journal to publish some of my school essays. I'd love for someone to provide some feedback on how to make them more legible and entertaining. The average person probably doesn't want to sit through heavy academic reading if they're checking blogs. Also, since they're school essays, they may be a bit dry. Would anyone here be interested in looking them over to make sure the verbiage is up to the internet's unparalleled standards?

I ain't the one

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
I would think it is important to understand what type of audience will be reading your articles first. Without that, it would be difficult to understand how to alter your articles to make them appealing.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Um.... maybe?

I do proofreading as part of my day job, and I write well-written articles for my site otherwise.

Though helping you with academic stuff isn't necessarily my idea of fun. :p

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Sorry for my late response. Been buried beneath a mountain of schoolwork the past two weeks.

I would think it is important to understand what type of audience will be reading your articles first. Without that, it would be difficult to understand how to alter your articles to make them appealing.
Good point. I was aiming more towards the average person, but it may not hurt to have a few scholarly ones published so that I build a writing portfolio of sorts too. Hmm...

Though helping you with academic stuff isn't necessarily my idea of fun.
Yeah, I understand. I don't read my assignments verbatim and can't imagine how people who do have to proofread academic journals manage. The good news is that I have a lot of short essays done, so it's not like it would all be 10-15 page essays.

Joy

Data Nerd
Premium
NNID
joythegreat
I'm thinking of starting a blog or otherwise publishing some of my school essays online. Would anyone here be interested in looking them over to make sure the spelling/grammar is up to the internet's unparalleled standards? Also, since they're school essays, they may be a bit dry. I'd love for someone to provide some feedback on how to make them more reader-friendly and entertaining. The average person probably doesn't want to sit through heavy academic reading if they're checking blogs.
Oh man you should hit me up. I do copyediting for my school's National Student Advertising Competition group and I'm a biophys research assistant so I'm involved in both the academic and the "make it readable to the average reader" crowds.

Shikinouta

Inkster Jr.
I'm a pretty good English student, just got a 95 on an essay I totally didn't bullsh** the other day. I'm finishing finals now and I have no free time but I might be a bi more open later in the week.

Quilavaflare

Senior Squid
NNID
Quilavaflare
Sounds like you have quite a bit of support already, but if you need any extra help I would be glad to take part. I feel like I have a good bit of knowledge in this field and proofreading has never been too difficult to me. I'm definitely thinking about going into a career in this area as well.

Oh, yeah, I like to read, too, and I take interest in some odd subjects, so this might not be entirely outside my realm. Otherwise, good luck with your project!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom