• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Anyone Know About The Rhythm Mini-Game?

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Apartment In Inkopolis With His 3 Friends
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
Pretty sure a lot of you already know about this but for those who don't know, there's actually a secret (not secret) mini-game in The Square. Listen to music and do a little rhythm game. Here's a video of it showing me failing at it.

speedySonic

Full Squid
It's really fun. I'm trying to get a perfect score on all of the songs, but some of them are way too easy, while others are just insane. I'm sure I can do it though.

A tip: try quickly alternating between your left and right hands when the notes that are close together come up (for example, zl, zr, zl, zr, repeat). It takes some practice, but it will help with the fast parts.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
The mini game is quite good, but I really hate hitting the notes that requires you to hit both the d-pad and face buttons at the same time. L and R at the same time is easy, but hitting A and Left? My head doesn't want to wrap itself around that.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
The mini game is quite good, but I really hate hitting the notes that requires you to hit both the d-pad and face buttons at the same time. L and R at the same time is easy, but hitting A and Left? My head doesn't want to wrap itself around that.
That's the reason I love playing it. The more harder it is, the more I want to play it. And Spicy Calimari on hard mode, oh my gosh.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
It's alright. A good time waster, I guess.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I'll be honest. When I first wanted to try it, I was waiting for the squidkid to get off the blasted dance pad! lol

It's a robust improvement over the SquidBeats in Splatoon 1, that's for certain. It's a really fun, easy to play, no/low stakes rhythm game and I really hope they'll add even more tracks to it as time goes by.

On a mildly related note: anyone picked up VOEZ for the Switch? Is it worth it?

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
I'll be honest. When I first wanted to try it, I was waiting for the squidkid to get off the blasted dance pad! lol

It's a robust improvement over the SquidBeats in Splatoon 1, that's for certain. It's a really fun, easy to play, no/low stakes rhythm game and I really hope they'll add even more tracks to it as time goes by.

Wait a minute? SquidBeats was a thing in Splatoon 1? Whoa. I do not know all the secrets and I thought I knew all of them.

speedySonic

Full Squid
Wait a minute? SquidBeats was a thing in Splatoon 1? Whoa. I do not know all the secrets and I thought I knew all of them.
You unlocked it through one of the amiibos. I think it was the squid.

It was very lackluster, however. You didn't have to hit the buttons correctly, and the notes weren't synced to the music.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
You unlocked it through one of the amiibos. I think it was the squid.

It was very lackluster, however. You didn't have to hit the buttons correctly, and the notes weren't synced to the music.
Aw dang. Glad the Splatoon 2 version is much better and doesn't require you to waste your money on figures. (no offense to amiibos)

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus

If you like rhythm games and want to have a quick time waster, sure, go for it. It has all the music right from the get go, unlike in the mobile version. I prefer playing on the Switch because it has a bigger screen compared to my phone. But if you want to give it a try before you buy it on switch, download it on mobile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom