• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Anyone know how to get those boxed in question marks?

YOJOEHOJO

Inkling
NNID
YOJOEHOJO
Please be a bit more descriptive, no one can help you if you aren't.

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
Are you talking about the question marks you get on peices of gear? If not I have no idea what you are talking about. Could you explain or post a photo of what you talking about please?

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I think they're referring to those seen in display names of some Inklings - a question mark inside a square, typically a large string thereof which would imply that it's something else from the perspective of the person who has that name and is an unloadable character for most other players. I don't know the answer, mind.

aviatsvi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
boatjello
Are you talking about Sunken Scrolls in singleplayer? If so, you have to find a way to get them. There's one in each stage.

aviatsvi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
boatjello
So an error? I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about. Could you post a photo maybe?

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Yeah, I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm guessing it's characters that the Wii U can't display for whatever reason, but I have no idea, I could be talking about the wrong concept entirely.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
It sounds like what I thought it was; a quick Google search gave me this page of examples of one case of someone with such a name. I haven't seen any cases in multiple rows like that, but the question marks as error characters are familiar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom