Are Disruptors underutilized?

Power

Inkling Commander
Basically the thread title. I feel that they have the potential to be very deadly. The only problem is the weapons that they come with imo. I do not use those weapons but I was wondering what your thoughts were on disruptors.

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
They are amazing at crippling short-range attackers, which you find a lot of in turf (namely rollers and aerosprays). For this reason I find the L-3 Nozzlenose
the best user of these as it has the range to safely snuff those disabled players.

Box

Pro Squid
The disruptor is the best sub in my opinion, even better than the splash wall. Currentely the L-3 Nozzlenose seems to be the most promising disruptor kit, but it's not very intuitive and does better with support.

To answer your question: yes I think it's underutilized, and I think it will be pushed further once private lobbies are released.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I think it is a great sub, but the weapons it comes from are not very common (although the Custom Splattershot Jr. can actually be as good as the original). What is under-utilized (for a reason) are point sensors. Disruptors cause all sorts of nasty effects like slowing down enemies, revealing their squid form, and reducing ink efficency. Point sensors only reveal the squid form better for a shorter period of time.

meleesplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meleebrawler
I think it is a great sub, but the weapons it comes from are not very common (although the Custom Splattershot Jr. can actually be as good as the original). What is under-utilized (for a reason) are point sensors. Disruptors cause all sorts of nasty effects like slowing down enemies, revealing their squid form, and reducing ink efficency. Point sensors only reveal the squid form better for a shorter period of time.
Point sensors allow you to see enemies through walls and on the map, and if you ask me it's effect normally lasts longer. If it's short, then they're probably running cold-blooded. Plus it's blast radius is much more generous.

Disrupted enemies don't really have worse efficiency, but they can barely recover ink, and they can still hide behind a wall.

Sensors are also really cheap to throw unlike disruptors so it should really be in your interest to chuck them whenever possible to help you and your team.
It's literally a pocket echolocator when used right.

Power

Inkling Commander
Point sensors allow you to see enemies through walls and on the map, and if you ask me it's effect normally lasts longer. If it's short, then they're probably running cold-blooded. Plus it's blast radius is much more generous.

Disrupted enemies don't really have worse efficiency, but they can barely recover ink, and they can still hide behind a wall.

Sensors are also really cheap to throw unlike disruptors so it should really be in your interest to chuck them whenever possible to help you and your team.
It's literally a pocket echolocator when used right.
Yes I agree with the importance of sensors as it has helped me many times deduce how I should approach an enemy in hiding. Many times u came out successful as a result if knowing their position.

I believe disruptions serve more of a support purpose as with decent coordination, the other team can be decimated by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom