ATs or NayTs?

Do you hope Splatoon features Advanced Techniques?

• Total voters

Kelkador

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Pushinator
Would you rather have it when the game comes out a higher skill ceiling (Advanced Techniques), or more of a focus on fundamentals (Limited Advanced Techniques)?

(This poll is based on what you want the game to have, not what you think the game will have)

hinata2000100

Inkster Jr.
I don't see a problem with Splatoon having ATs. I mean, Smash has ATs, but a whole bunch of people still play fine without them. Even though it's a shooter, I can't imagine this game being much different.

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
I dunno. The fundamental game is pretty dang fun, and I'd hate see it get ruined by all sorts of weird techs. On the other hand, a low skill ceiling could be detrimental for forming a competitive community.

I'm just gonna vote "maybe" until someone convinces me otherwise.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I hope there are no convoluted techniques in Splatoon. By convoluted I mean techniques exploiting game mechanics, like the ones you see in Melee. The game not having techniques doesn't mean it has to have a low skill ceiling. Splatoon doesn't need to have the complexity of Counter Strike to be competitive viable.

As for strategies, I think it would be interesting to use a different name than tech, but that is not up for me to decide, anyway.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
There already are, but yeah, I do want them. Basically anything that expands the game's meta and competitive lifetime is good to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom