• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Aww, you made me ink!

N7Kopper

Inkling
NNID
N7Kopper
Obligatory dumb reference aside, I just wanted to say hi.

This game isn't a surprising hit for me, honestly. I mean, I know my shooters. From classics like Doom (Super Shotgun is sex for the soul) , to arena shooters like Unreal Tournament and the little-known oddball Sonic Robo Blast 2 (A Sonic fangame being a good arena shooter? Where the weapons are rings and it's not stupid like Shadow the hEdgehog? Mercy me!) to modern FPS like Halo, (Carbine represent, screw the BR) or even the cover-based gameplay of Gears (Gnasher Warrior might be easymode in pubs, but try it in competitive and get hosed by assault rifles)

Three hours of this game and I'm loving it. And this is with one gametype, two maps, four weapons, three grenades, and three supers. Plus, it rewards many an otherwise-thankless task.

Turf War as a gametype is interesting as well - do you cover ground in out-of-the-way places, or try to kill enemies so that they can't cover as much ground?

Only time will tell how well the KoTH and tower assault modes play out, though.

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
Welcome to Squidboards! This certainly is an interesting take on shooters, and it's one I'm excited for. I didn't get to try the demo so I'm in for a surprise. d:

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
Hey! Welcome to the Squidboards! Post in the main board, Splat Zone, visit the Shoutbox, and enjoy your stay!

It seems that you are a veteran at shooters. Hopefully we'll see you in the competitive boards!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Hey there, welcome! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom