• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Beakon Theory

Mightysplat

Inkster Jr.
Recently I've been getting very into beakons. But they present some unique challenges so I wanted to stay this thread to ask other people who use beakons....

-when do you place beakons...eg at the start of a ranked match, do you head off to place your beakons and then tend to the objective or do you wait until the objective is secure and then place your beakons? I see upsides and downside to both although I assume most people think the latter is safer.

-do you try to hide beakons far into enemy territory or do you place them more on your side of the map? I find that in turf wars and CB it's helpful to do the former but in SZ the latter is better. I don't like beakons that much for RM except on moray. I don't like them for TC either.

-speaking of hiding does anybody want to share any clever hiding places?
-any other tips?

Lastly I wish that beakons didn't use so much ink and also that there could be used more than once (on the other hand maybe that's not necessary since people would rather SJ to a dead teammate surrounded by enemy ink than to my safely placed beakon...)

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
I mostly spread Beakons around the map and place them near common enemy spots such as the center of blackbelly to track them on the map, but that depends on the situation. If its like Turf War I normally only place Beakons when the coast is clear, but in ranked I try to focus on the objective, then place them later.

Another thing that I find useful is placing a Beakon then hiding and ambushing a person while they're distracted at taking out the sub if they're close to it.

the

Inkling Commander
I usually place beakons on my team’s side close-ish to the objective before tending to the objective itself. That way if a teammate gets splatted in the initial rush and I’m not in a safe position (because i use the octobrush with beakons, which is kind of a hard weapon to stay in safe positions with) they have a quick way back to the objective. Then if we secure the objective I place some around the enemy side or maybe even right near the objective

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Pre-post: Sorry, I initially wanted to make a post on a different thread but had this one open. Oopsie-poopsies.

Well since I'm here, I may as well share some tips with the Beackons, since I've grown accustomed to playing the Dapple Dualies.

Normally my strategy is to use at least one main of sub power up, because it improves the speed at which you AND your teammates can jump to them (although based on what I can tell, one sub does almost as much as one main since it only shortens the pre-jump time). I also run Comeback, because it gives you a good boost to ink recovery and sub-saver after dying, allowing you to jump back to your beackon and replace it without destroying your ink tank completely.

My strategy is to rush to mid and place a beackon in a somewhat safe location, one where the enemy won't immediately push to if they get the objective, then go for the objective. When I inevitably die, because I'm using the Dapple Dualies and it's what they do, I jump to the beackon and abuse the sub saver and ink recovery to replace it, along with 2 others if there are good locations nearby.

Because the beakons now offer a special ability, in that they let you view nearby enemies on the popup map, you can find cheatsy locations like underneath the central bridge in Sturgeon Shipyard and near flanking points in Kelp Dome to place them. It'll let you keep tabs on people trying to make a play.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom