Been lurking for a bit, might as well say hi!

Cyrex

Inkling
NNID
nitr0monkey
Since I've been checking these boards out frequently, I might as well make an account! Name's Cyrex (duh), and I got into Splatoon about a month ago. I've been hooked since then, and now my Smash disc sits in it's case collecting dust lol

Anyway, my main weapons are the Heavy Splatling, and Custom Blaster. I feel like I click with these weapons since they remind me of TF2. The Splatling's play style is very similar to the Heavy class, depending on good positioning and game sense, with a support/defense role. Ink Wall is amazing, I've saved plenty of squids jumping at the wrong time! Ink Strike is underwhelming, I pretty much only use it to buy the team some time or scare off those pesky E Liters.

The Blasters are pretty much air burst stickybombs, good for zoning and area control (as long as they're in your range obviously) while being more offensive. The Custom Blaster's kit is also lets me help my team out by scouting enemies out of my range with Point Sensors, and the Bubbler is great for helping with pushes or protecting squids playing the objective. It's the closest thing I'll get to the Medic's ÜberCharge.

My current rank is S, and my experience has been hectic so far. Its like riding a roller coaster! I can go on big win streaks, and drop down back to S 30 in the next set of matches. Part of it is due to randoms, but since that's something I can't change I'll just focus on improving myself as a player / teammate. It's my goal to hit S+ in solo ranked before joining a squad, as someone who enjoys playing support roles in games the thought of letting my team down is a real bummer.

Sorry for the wall of text, I tend to just blab on a lot instead of getting to the point lol. Looking forward to getting involved with my fellow squids!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom