Best gear for Slosher Deco

The Claw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mariomario494949
I would use the same gear for a .96 deco. jungle hat, grey college sweat, and red high tops or the white kicks

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
My personal gear build for the Slosher Deco is:

:head_amb002:/:head_cap002::ability_defenseup:|:ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:
(Octo Tee) :ability_haunt:|:ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:

It's an amazing set but considering it requires three rare rolls you may not want to try to emulate it exactly unless you feel like messing around with the gear hack that was recently released.

Here is a similar build that is much easier to obtain with brand favored triples:

:head_cap001::ability_swimspeed:|:ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:
:clothes_tes016::ability_haunt:|:ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:
:shoes_trs002::ability_bombsniffer:|:ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:

Both of these sets increase the survivability of the Slosher Deco while also having the benefit of tagging an enemy if you do get taken down (haunt with the recent buffs is still underrated). While tagged you not only gain more defense to survive but the added damage up is enough to finish off any opponent that has been weakened by someone else's shot. Whether you go for ink resistance of bomb sniffer is up to you as both have defensive uses.
I just really like the survivability that defense sets provide but there certainly are other options for sets and I'm willing to help you find one that may suit your playstyle if defense stacking isn't to your liking.

I would use the same gear for a .96 deco. jungle hat, grey college sweat, and red high tops or the white kicks
Ink saver (main/sub) and run speed up are all practically useless on the Slosher Deco so I'd advise against using those gear except for the red high tops.

Last edited:

maxie

Full Squid
my gear for it doesnt change much from this

:ability_specialduration: | :ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup: (or) :ability_defenseup: | :ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:
:ability_inkrecovery: | :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:ability_swimspeed: | :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:

i guess special duration is kinda a weird one to have and why i switch it out for more defence sometimes, but honestly i just like to bother people with kraken sometimes

i tried out ink saver sub for a while bc splash walls drain so much ink but it didnt seem to do much, i much prefer just having ink recovery

rsnw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jamipami
Ink saver (both), special saver, swim speed, ink resistance, defence up?, special duration up?

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I've come up with a little rule of thumb that's certainly shown effectiveness for my own builds. For buckets in general, I want to run enough ink efficiency (all of :ability_inksavermain:, :ability_inksaversub: and :ability_inkrecovery: work) that I very rarely run out of ink. That's dependant on playstyle and on what mode is being played (I carry a fair amount more for SZ than the other two Ranked modes). So you could start with no ink-related Abilities, then, if you find yourself frequently being a beached whale, correspondingly replace some Abilities with those three, until you have just enough that you don't find yourself running on empty. If they find themselves in a skirmish long enough to run out of ink, buckets take a good few moments to recharge enough to fend off a single opponent, more than other close- to mid-range weapons, which is why I find ink so crucial. Other than ink efficiency, I think that what's been suggested is good.

DJ fivers

Inkling
NNID
bleepo
I like to use:
:head_hat001::ability_inksavermain:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:clothes_shirt008::ability_specialcharge:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_swimspeed:/:ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:
:shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_runspeed:/:ability_specialsaver:
I use the ink saver main because I find myself low on ink a lot and the common sub for that hat is ink recovery up, which complements the ink saver main

Special charge up because whenever I'm playing ranked I feel like I need my kraken as soon as possible to make pushes. I like to take my chances and go for run speeds up to get to places faster. Although, special saver would be good to match with the charge up.

The red high tops are used because if you play support or offence you may find yourself in situations where you can't move and it doesn't end well. The common sub is swim speed which is a lifesaver when using my play Style

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I use the ink saver main because I find myself low on ink a lot and the common sub for that hat is ink recovery up, which complements the ink saver main
That hat? No - it has :ability_inksavermain: with :ability_inksaversub: as a common Sub. A set of gear that would achieve what you want is :head_eye007::clothes_swt000::shoes_bot003: (equivalent Mains and likely Subs). Have you actually got a :head_hat001: with three :ability_inkrecovery: Subs? Because that's really lucky, if so, although I use my own with its natural roll.

rsnw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jamipami
That hat? No - it has :ability_inksavermain: with :ability_inksaversub: as a common Sub.

Have you actually got a :head_hat001: with three :ability_inkrecovery: Subs? Because that's really lucky, if so, although I use my own with its natural roll.
Ink Recovery Up is actually the uncommon ability for Firefin, and I've seen only Kiver from kc pull a triple of it off

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I have been loving this build!

:ability_swimspeed:|:ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration: - :head_met002:
:ability_specialduration:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: - Squidstar Waistcoat
:ability_inkrecovery:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed: - :shoes_shi004:

That extra second on Kraken has come in handy many times and most people don't expect it!

I like to use:
:head_hat001::ability_inksavermain:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:clothes_shirt008::ability_specialcharge:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_swimspeed:/:ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:
:shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_runspeed:/:ability_specialsaver:

Special charge up because whenever I'm playing ranked I feel like I need my kraken as soon as possible to make pushes. I like to take my chances and go for run speeds up to get to places faster. Although, special saver would be good to match with the charge up.

The red high tops are used because if you play support or offence you may find yourself in situations where you can't move and it doesn't end well. The common sub is swim speed which is a lifesaver when using my play Style
I wouldn't recommend Run speed since it has no effect on Slosher movement while attacking. Swim Speed is a lot more valuable thanks to Kraken.

★Forge

Senior Squid
NNID
Slumplush
Swim speed up for the kraken and ink saver sub for splash wall. E.g Paisley Bandana;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom