• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Best rainmaker weapon?

GamerGal101

Inkling
I don’t understand why nobody uses brellas in ranked. Personally, I’ve had great wins with the brella. I mean, Rainmaker for me means either a brella or dualies. I’ve also started using an Octobrush for some Rainmaker matches, and, while it is a bit limited there, when it hits, it hits hard.

Usually I just swim up to ambush an enemy who has the Rainmaker, then call out a “This way!”, ink the Rainmaker, and swim away as fast as possible.

Another option for me is Dualies. Dodge-rolling is really effective when you have the Rainmaker, and it doesn’t waste too much momentum. The main downside is trying to get through enemy ink. Sponges are especially hard to deal with.

The same applies to the Brella. It has a low firing rate, which makes it nearly impossible to get past an enemy sponge. Also, Brella protection is pretty much useless when someone throws an Autobomb.

Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom