• Total voters

ShadowKing

Inkster Jr.
Big tourneys held everywhere and possibly EVO2016 just like Smash Bros does

obscurica

Full Squid
NNID
obscurica
...not EVO, because EVO is for fighting games, not shooters. I can see MLG being interested, though. Or for grassroots to develop alongside the current Smash events--there's significant playerbase overlap specific to the two games.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
It really depends on the logistics of running an in-person tournament. Networking could be an issue, as I doubt they'll offer a LAN mode. And I have no idea what TOs would do about gear, they can't ensure that setups have every possible build players might want or even ensure that all 8 setups have the same options to pick from.

ShadowKing

Inkster Jr.
...not EVO, because EVO is for fighting games, not shooters. I can see MLG being interested, though. Or for grassroots to develop alongside the current Smash events--there's significant playerbase overlap specific to the two games.
True

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
There will be a Splatoon tournament at the Nintendo World Championchips 2015

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Unless Nintendo jumps on it and catapults it straight into offline LAN events, including the funding and a considerably worthy prize pool then it's impossible to say really. There will probably be a couple of events from Nintendo like we've seen but in order to sustain a decent offline community that holds attendance numbers then there will need to be more than just one host. Nobody is going to host them without enough interest to gain ad revenue to make the event actually profitable without driving attendance and entry fees through the roof which nobody would pay anyway.

Either way the bottom line is we need an active online community first with at least one league system in place. If not a couple that deal with different regions which is mainly down to the community to establish so we'll have to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom