• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Blaster Gearset

Hype

Inkling
So I Just Started to main Range Blaster and am looking for a perfect gearset for it, respond when you have the chance

Koopon

Roller/Blaster Main
Switch Friend Code
SW-6418-2499-7488
I like the vanilla blaster. I use the range sometimes though and I use the same kit for both. I go with ninja squid, SSU, and last ditch effort. I just shark a lot with it and when LDE kicks in I spam toxic mist. This works great in objective games to protect a lead or make a final push.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Sorry that I didn't see the post sooner, but I'm a range blaster main myself. This is the build I'm currently using :
a new build.png

This build is what I seem to be the most comfortable with. As it alleviates some of the weaknesses of the range blaster (It's horrible mobility and ink consumption) and enhances it's direct combat abilities.

I use this build because:
Comeback is an amazing perk, giving you 4 subs of ink saver main, sub, ink recovery up, swim speed up, run speed up, and special charge up for 20 seconds after respawning. Which is too good to miss out on in my opinion. I run 5 subs of main saver to get 11 shots from a full tank instead of just 9. And ink recovery helps that as well. I have swim speed to help me in strafing opponents in a 1v1 situation, and the bomb defense is there so I can tank a splattershot's burst bomb + splashdown combo from afar. Plus it's less damage from specials and bombs overall, so that doesn't hurt.

However, your build can be different. This is what I find to be good. Other perks that are good on the range blaster include : Quick Respawn, Tenacity, and Special Saver. Just stay away from thermal ink (it doesn't work with the range blaster) and run speed (Standing on the ground while firing is extremely slow, and run speed up doesn't make it much faster)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom